Thread: trail running mt washington

Thanks

Smile trail running mt washington

Anyone know the quickest time someone has run up Tuckermans to the summit and how about the quickest time down. I ran down in 55 minutes
    but I know that is not the fastest by far. Forget the Washington road run how about a tuckermans run. Best trail running is Mount Washington!!

Thanks

Default inferno

Kevin Tilton ran to the bowl on 4/22/06 in 0:32:14.90 for first place during the Inferno pentathalon. I don't know what the record to the summit is but I saw people racing it in July. I'm sure someone in this forum must know what races go up Tuck's to the summit, but the coolest race is the Inferno. Check out this webpage:

http://www.friendsoftuckerman.org/

Thanks

inferno is also a ski race, right? Anyway, rex, I do know that the fastest reported time down from the summit is around 6 minutes by someone who schussed the snowfields and the headwall and didn't stop until he hit pinkham.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex
    Anyone know the quickest time someone has run up Tuckermans to the summit and how about the quickest time down. I ran down in 55 minutes
    but I know that is not the fastest by far. Forget the Washington road run how about a tuckermans run. Best trail running is Mount Washington!!
    Just did some searching and saw this thread. Apparently there wasn't a definitive answer. Rockin, you mentioned how long it took you to get down, what about getting up?

As for the record, from the sea to the summit web site - http://www.s2s-usa.com/results.html - I see at time 2:10:45 which includes 4.5 miles from Dana Place in to Pinkham, and then up TRT. That's a pretty damn good time for that much uphill.
    Last edited by cph; 05-31-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks

Smile Fast time

That is a fast time from Dana Place upto Pinkham then upto the summit. I would say an hour and a 1/4 to an hour and a 1/2 would be the time to shoot for from Pinkham to the summit. I have never run upto the summit only to the bowl. By the time I made it to the bowl I was done. What a great race if they did a Tucks run from Pinkham to the mount washington summit sign. Anyone want to put it together?? If this was a race I would be the first to sign up.