Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes Jim

Thanks

Default Best Wishes Jim

Enjoy your last night on the mountain Jim. We will miss your comments and great photographes. Thanks for making my volunteer days easy and fun. I look forward to checking on your website for new photos. Best of luck as a teacher and take care.

Brian Clark

Thanks

Yes, good luck Jim. I still remember my first volunteer trip four years ago when you were just a lowly intern. You ate my food though! You will be missed.

Now take your dang computer out of my house.

Thanks

For those of you who really miss Jim, please visit our Weather Discovery Center in North Conway where a life-size picture of Jim is located on the front of our building.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D
    For those of you who really miss Jim, please visit our Weather Discovery Center in North Conway where a life-size picture of Jim is located on the front of our building.
    Does he have Homer Simpson legs?

Jim will be missed. Easily one if not THE best observer that I have known on Mount Washington. Not to take anything away from the other observers but in the past few years he really raised the bar and set a new standard for all future observers to live up to.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Jim Salge

Jim is one of the first people I got to meet from the observatory when I got interested about 3.5 years ago. Because of my interest in the mountain (and the website), my wife signed me up for an Edutrip. Jim was in the back of the snowcat with us on the trip up the Auto Road. When we left the base there was a thick overcast and I had already decided that even if I never saw anything but fog, I would get as much out of the trip as I could take. We climbed right up above the clouds as we rounded the corner at the 4-mile post. It was the first time I had seen an undercast when I was on solid ground and not in an airplane. Jimmy's smile was almost as big as mine. On top of having an undercast, there was a white rainbow over the Great Gulf. I was immediately hooked, and one of the best things I have taken away from that trip was a lasting friendship with Jim (and Virga).

Better yet for me, Jim will now be working about 2 miles from me at the new Sanborn High School in Kingston, where I live. I hope I get plenty of chances to show him around the flatlands the same way he showed me around the top of New England.

KDT

Thanks

Thanks Jim for all you have done for the benefit of science and education. We hate to see you go. Those kids you will be teaching will benefit from your great knowledge and experience I'm sure. Be sure to take them on field trips to the whites often. Hopefully see you around the forums!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Jim Salge

I too would like to express thanks to Jim for all he has done for MWO and the Whites. He has been a great spokesperson for the organization and has a wonderful approach to explaining things. The kids at his new school will be getting a great teacher. All the best in your new endeavors.

Last summer my oldest grandson and I did the Ammo - Jewell Trail combination. We timed it so that we would hit the summit before Jim went down for shift change. That way Jim was able to give us the tour of the observatory and he did a wonderful job of it. He explained things in a way that caught a 10 year old's attention and he understood.

Thanks for all you have done and keep on shooting wonderful pictures.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Default Jim Salge, you'll be missed

I don't know you Jim, nor you I. But I just read that you are leaving the mountain. I just wanted to let you know that there are those of us out here, lurking over the years, that enjoyed your reports, thoughts, and hard work.
    Best of luck in your new endeavor, those are some lucky students.

Steve D

On edit: oops, didn't realize another thread had been started regarding this.
    Last edited by 6288; 07-11-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

Default good luck Jim

i wish you the best of luck in your new career. the week during my week on the rockpile was a great experience for me. You were a great help and i learned a lot from you.

Joel W
    Westerly, Rhode island.

Thanks

The circle is now complete. The Last of the Observers during the beginning of my tenure there is now gone. I'm a bit sad, but also happy that you finally get to experience a work week that is less than 80 hours! After four years I'm sure the summit is beginning to resemble The Stanley Hotel. I mean, just look at Ken...

You'll be a hell of a teacher Jim, and hopefully we'll cross paths again.

Jake Odell
    Summit Technology God 2004-2006
    Last edited by Torden; 07-12-2007 at 10:23 PM.