Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where we staying?

Thanks

Default Moose Brook

All right, BlueDog and Donotgogentle, the Talbots will also be at Moosebrook, one of our favorite places to camp. I don't know if you're familiar with MB, so I'll give you the layout. When you drive up Jimtown Road on your right you will see a small pond. At the far end of the pond there is a cabin. That's where you register. The entrance to the campsites is actually across the street from this. Once you're in there it is easy to find the sites. There are flush toilets and showers, not luxurious, but they'll seem that way in a campground.

Now, we'll be camped across the street beyond the pond. They let people camp in the picnic area for overflow. It's actually much quieter over there. The pond you see from the road is very shallow, they call it the "Warming Pond", but that's bull. The idea is the shallow pond warms the water before it flows into the deeper swimming pond below. This is an excellent swimming pond, don't miss it. Are you going down to North Conway to Horsefeathers to register Friday night? We're doing this so we can get an earlier than 8AM start in the morning.

Anyone else going to be there? Rex, you can pitch a tent on our site Saturday night if you can't find better arrangements.

KDT

Thanks

my wife and I will be at horsefeathers. i'm kinda easy to spot with my shaved head and my wife is only 4 11 so you'll probably notice us there. I'm Brian by the way.
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

Oh yeah Rex I'll probably have room for another tent on one of our sites and you'd be welcome to stay. Either split the cost or bring food/beer but i'm sure there will be alot of that.
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

Default Moosebrook will be home.

Plans have changed a bit for me and it will now be just myself and my son Baxter (who now is registered). Instead of just Sat. night we will also be looking for a spot if possible for Fri. and Sun. night as we will heading back to New Jersey on Mon. morning : ( Seems Moosebrook is where alot of folks are staying and you guys have been kind enough to offer my son and I a spot for our tent so Moosebrook will be home. Kevin how many nights are you staying at moosebrook?? Between donotgogentle and kevin it looks like I should have a spot. thanks so much!!!! One problem. Not sure where the campground is?? Kevin could you send me a P.M. with the directions. I will be coming from North Conway. Thanks again. Hiker kindness never ceases to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

We will be there fri and sat night when we leave i'm sure you could keep the site for the extra night. My site will have only one tent, two people. My neighbors will have one tent with two people and the third site will probably have two tents with one in each.

The sites are 41,42,43. I'd bet there are other sites availible too.

getting there from pinkham is 16 north to US 2 to Jim town rd. Just Google it and you'll get it.
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

for reference... here's the map of Moose Brook

I'll be in spot 15 for Friday and Saturday night. I'm leaving VA tomorrow evening after work, getting as far as I can, catching some sleep somewhere, then getting up there Friday. I plan on checking in Friday night to get as much time to hike on Saturday as I can.

I have a large blue 12x12 ez-up with screened sides that we'll be putting up. If us Moose Brook folks wanna find a time to meet up, I'll offer it up as a spot. It'd be nice to meet some others and get some advice on the hike.

Thanks

Thumbs up Thanks for the moosebrook map

donotgogentle (Brian) thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it. I will see you guys on Fri. afternoon. We have a small 2 man flashlight tent so we should fit no problem. Should be a great time. Looks like blueDog has offered his site for a Fri. night get together. Maybe we can all get together after registering at horsefeathers. K.D.Talbot is also going to be at moosebrook so there should be a good group of us hence an awesome time!!

Thanks

At this point I am not planning on driving from Maine over to Horsefeathers on Friday night. It is an hour drive either way. If I get registered officially or not, I will be out there - and plan to get to the event afterwards if possible. I am looking to meeting some of you folks in person.

I will be the little old man on a stretcher.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Default Moosebrook

It might not be too late to get your own site, Rex. Try this:

For accurate, up-to-the-minute site availability information and to make a reservation, please call the central Reservations Office at 603-271-3628.

If not, between all who are staying there we will get you in.

On the map, we'll be at P-1

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

PS: To anyone coming from the south, I would suggest taking Rte 93 north through Franconia Notch, take Rte 3 North past rte 302 to Rte 115. Then take 115 to Rte 2 East to Gorham. At the bottom of a big hill turn left on Jimtown Rd to Moosebrook. Avoid driving north through North Conway on Friday Night. We can go down to Horsefeathers from the north on RTE 16. Much easier. It can take an hour to drive north through North Conway on the weekends, unless you know the way around. It's a long trip back down, so if you want to avoid this, by all means, go through NC on your way up and stop at Horsefeathers, but remember, I warned you about the traffic!

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex
    donotgogentle (Brian) thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it. I will see you guys on Fri. afternoon. We have a small 2 man flashlight tent so we should fit no problem. Should be a great time. Looks like blueDog has offered his site for a Fri. night get together. Maybe we can all get together after registering at horsefeathers. K.D.Talbot is also going to be at moosebrook so there should be a good group of us hence an awesome time!!
    I'll see if I can pick up some good local VA beer to share