Thread: Owls Head...

Thanks

Default Owls Head...

Looking for info on the Owls Head Path. I'm coming in from the Galehead hut/Lincoln Brook trail. Has anyone done it recently? Is it marked...or at least manageable to find the summit? I'm also reading there is a false summit?
    I'd hate to hike that much and miss it!! Any thoughts?

Thanks

Default owls head

From what I've been told the true summit lies .2 mi north of the traditional summit. There is a segment about under FAQ at the -amc4000footer.org- page. For current trail conditions go to -viewsfromthetop.com-, enter the site, click on trail conditions,then NH. Lately there have been several reports from those who climb it. Due to the longer summer nights many are climbing it now. Have fun and let us know how it was.

Thanks

Default Vftt

As Fisher cat suggests, go to Views from the Top trip reports. But then go into the forum and do a search on Owl's Head. There was a recent thread by someone attempting the same hike you describe. There are several covering the topic of the"True Summit" and about every approach to climbing this mountain you can think of. Good Luck and please give us a trip report and some pictures when you get back!

KDT