Thread: not finished your WM 484K?

Thanks

Default not finished your WM 484K?

This goes out to anyone who has not finished their WM 484K's. What will be your final peak, and why? OK, if you have finished, what was it, and why?
    I'm doing Waumbek and Cabot last as a deliberate celebratory overnighter, the reason is is because from our log cabin growing up they were right outside in full view from the picture window. Why didn't I already do them? I don't know. I was hiking elsewhere.

Central Illinois--too far from the mountains!
    Thanks

Smile Owl's Head

I finished with Owl's Head, after saying for years that I wanted to finish on something more rewarding. It was left for last because of the length of the hike and there was no way to use the huts to make it easier. When I finally got around to it, I had one day with a strong hiking partner. At the first major stream crossing, the skies opened, and we were drenched before we could even get rain gear out of the packs. The crossings on the return were scary, and we pretty much raced the last few miles up the Wilderness Trail.

I'd like to go back to Owl's Head on a better (drier!) day. I also did Isolation on a rainy day, and I'd like to see the views from there. But now I live in Illinois for work reasons, and I have to choose my New Hampshire climbs carefully when I return.

I think my favorite 4Ks are the Bonds, Carrigain, and Jefferson.

Thanks for asking!

Thanks

That's neat, thanks for your favorites 4K's too. I wondered if for anyone their last one was just by default.

Thanks

I'm down to just a handful (6) and the way it looks now the last one will be either Owl's Head or Isolation. I had a chance to do Owl's Head about 8 years ago but we were already torched from doing the Bonds, Twins, and Galehead loop and went right by the trailhead on the way out. It's amazing how for most people it ends up being one of those two.