Thread: Up, down, and ready to party!

Thanks

Default Up, down, and ready to party!

It wasn't the most relaxing hike, but I officially made it to the summit. Now I'm back at the hotel, cleaned up and ready to party. Or at least eat some turkey.

Due to the forecasted bad weather we had to go to plan b. Which involved me racing up Tuck's and my wife meeting on the summit with the car. Plan b worked, set a new personal best time for climbing MWN, even with all my wife's gear in my pack.

Now I'm looking at the radar and the forecast is turning into a major bust. We had some sprinkles on the way down, but most of the precip is moving by to the south. Unless a storm pops up over MWN its going to be several hours before anything makes it up here, if at all.

Then again, its never worth rolling the dice with lightning and severe storms in the forecast.

Hope everyone else had a good, safe hike.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Bill,

It was nice to meet you and so many others - on the trail and at the dinner.

Mary,

Thanks for hiking so much with me!

Raising over $60,000 for MWO is fantastic! I feel the forum and discussions out have helped increase the awareness about STP. Next year we should be able to do even better.

I am glad the heavy storms stayed away. It was a great day.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

sounds good about the $ amount

next year lets get more
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

bill....how long did it take you to reach the summit?....do you try to improve your time each year?....

brad....we enjoyed your company....thank you for taking the time to take and post so many pictures....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mary
    bill....how long did it take you to reach the summit?....do you try to improve your time each year?....
    2 hours 21 minutes. I'm glad I made it up so fast, but I'd rather have better weather so I could spend the whole day on the mountain. I felt bad though, my wife was waiting on the summit.

Brad, it was nice finally meeting you as well.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Time

Bill, that is awesome time. I stood on the summit waiting for a guy to get his picture who had run by us on the trail. He had on shorts and running shoes for gear. He ran from Pinkham to the summit in an hour and 29 minutes. I told him, "There ought to be a law against people like you." He just laughed. Our time was around 4 hours.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    a guy to get his picture who had run by us on the trail. He had on shorts and running shoes for gear. He ran from Pinkham to the summit in an hour and 29 minutes.
    I think he flew by us when we were approaching the fire road. Shorts and shoes...that's it!! Crazy! Maybe he just sat under the well pump and filled himself up?

While we were at the cabin a small group came up with just sneakers and jeans, no packs and enjoying a Budweiser. One of the girls in the group asked one of the guys why everyone else had boots on? His response was "them are hikin' boots, babe!"

On our way down we picked up a few empty Bud cans that, I'm sure, were "accidentally" deposited on the side of the trail !

Too bad some people come so far and to such beautiful areas only to spread their trash!
    ~Rich

Thanks

Great time Bill, and a bigger congrats for being the top fundraiser!