Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing and freezing rain on the rockpile today...

Thanks

Default Freezing and freezing rain on the rockpile today...

Looks like a busy day on top of the rockpile for the observers. Strong winds and freezing rain means lots of deicing for the crew.

Temps are down to 28 at 3m!
    Here's the last METAR observation from the weather page!
    KMWN 131746Z 13058G74KT 1/4SM -FZRA FZFG BKN000 OVC008 M02/M02 RMK VIS 0V1/2 VIS NW 3 FZFG BKN000 BKN V OVC VRY LGT GICG 60053 931000 10002 21033

This means: Freezing rain, freezing fog, variable vis, broken sky, icing...a typical spring day, just as I remember them!

ItchyRichy Guest

Default Worcester, MA observations: rain, rain, and more rain

It may be freezing on the top of the Mount but down south in Worcester, MA we're breaking out the flippers to get the mail! Almost non-stop rain since yesterday at about this time mean that basements will surely be flooded tonight. The forecast for our area looks depressing (unless you actually like rain) for the next week:
    http://weather.unisys.com/forecast.cgi?KBOS

Have fun up there!

MikeJo Guest

Hi Itchy from another floating Worcesterite! Flashback to last October. Stay dry!

Thanks

It seems like the entire state of Massachusetts is underwater. It's been raining non-stop since last monday where i am.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

and hello to all my friends on the mount washington likes and in the souff east of england uk they are expecting a drought this summer after three years of below average rainfall but in carlilse where i stay everyfing is normal except for the winters which are becoming milder and is this happening on mount washington likes?

Thanks

Thumbs up woostah!!!

hey!!! i'm from wormtown too!!
    7 hills no thrills!!!
    the dump on the hump!!!
    don't live there now but i'll always claim it as where i'm from!!!
    GA -> ME "05"
    hi chickety!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by post'r boy
    hey!!! i'm from wormtown too!!
    7 hills no thrills!!!
    the dump on the hump!!!
    don't live there now but i'll always claim it as where i'm from!!!

and did u stay in carlilse likes and where about and where are u now by the way

Thanks

Thumbs up

i meant "new" england!
    a bit of cockney slang... apples and pears

i ain't sayin' nuffin' till i seen my brief!!
    GA -> ME "05"
    hi chickety!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mildcarlilse
    and hello to all my friends on the mount washington likes and in the souff east of england uk they are expecting a drought this summer after three years of below average rainfall but in carlilse where i stay everyfing is normal except for the winters which are becoming milder and is this happening on mount washington likes?
    well, we had way above average snowfall last year (over 36" in one storm on Cape Cod) and then a mild winter this year. It's fluctuating.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Smile

and i fink that the winters are getting milder in the uk and because we are surrounded by oceans we get mild winters and cool summers but we are closer to the event horizon of climate change due to that but one fing i would love to know and that is when are my american friends going to post their temperatures in centigrade and not in that old farenhite scale cause me and my dad and davy-lad watch fox news who are a sister company of our sky digital and we all get grossed out when we watch the forecasters give out the temperatures in farenhite cause it means nothing to us now as in the uk we have went all european and got used to it but i noticed that the temperature today atop mount washington was 22f and i know that 32f is freezing but its a strain on the brain to try and work out what 22f is in centigrade so i can get a feel for how cold that is but its definetly colder than anyfing i have had in carlilse in the past 10 years likes but i see u have had some snow and thats gross for this time of year likes