Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing and freezing rain on the rockpile today...

Thanks

no offense meant, and I hope none taken, but that post was really hard to read. And 22 degress F is -5.555555555555555 degrees C/
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

and fanks for the repy david and today in carlilse we had a change to norff west winds and the temperatures went down to +10c and in some of the mountains in scotland there was light snowfall and the rest of this week looks set to be wet at times as we get frontal troughs and low pressure systems moving off the atlantic and we in the uk are waiting on the high pressure cell establishing itself over norff europe and scandinavia so we can get more settled conditions and hopefully higher temps than wot we got just now which is well below average for the time of year likes

Thanks

lmao, that was all one sentence. Is snow in scotland normal for this time of year?
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

and yes snow is expected in scotland at this time of year at that elevation which is 3,000 to 4,406 ft high likes but if i could move onto other business it would be why is the west view webcam image obscured and it looks like a bit of snow has built up on the lens and why are the mount washington observers not going outside to clear the view so that people can enjoy the webcam view? and maybe they are watching a good film on cable tv and if they are it must be the eiger sanction wiff clint eastwood cause that film was all about a mountain but if they are not watching a film then why are the staff not out clearing the lens of the west view webcam likes?

Thanks

i don't know they're all probably too busy gaping at the weather and skiing and updating the website and monitoring these forums.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

and things are now very warm in carlilse uk,and at last the high pressure cell is well established and drawing in air from spain and its not going to help the drought in the london and kent areas of the souff east likes but at least we in the uk dont have to worry about healthy thunderstorms and tornadic activity in hot weather and im glad of that likes

Thanks

i think the New England region should send some of our rain to london. we've had three days in the past two weeks when it hasn't rained. I like rain, but it's getting closer and closer to the start of my hiking season. this isn't cool...
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

and i hope you get your much needed rain likes but in the uk there is going to be hose pipe bans which means that the rich people wiff two and three cars will not be allowed to wash them on a sunday afternoon before they settle into their sunday roast beef and yorkshire puddings and this drought has been going on now for three years and is directly related to a shift in the low pressure track over western europe and this trend is still current wiff more dry weather forecast for this week likes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    i think the New England region should send some of our rain to london. we've had three days in the past two weeks when it hasn't rained. I like rain, but it's getting closer and closer to the start of my hiking season. this isn't cool...
    what i was saying it that New England has had way too much rain and that we could stand to send some to the UK.
    5 Days 2007-2008