Thread: Stp 2008

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Stp 2008

Does anybody know when they will start taking registrations for the STP 2008I plan on making that my first hike up MW. I have already lined up some people who are going to pledge some $$$ .

Chris.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    Does anybody know when they will start taking registrations for the STP 2008I plan on making that my first hike up MW. I have already lined up some people who are going to pledge some $$$ .

Chris.
    It is usually a few months before the event but I'm not sure of the exact date.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

it would be nice to have something at least 6 months before so we have some time to get more $$$$$$$
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawk
    it would be nice to have something at least 6 months before so we have some time to get more $$$$$$$
    I agree. 6 months would be great.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I agree. 6 months would be great.
    Same here, that would be great.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Great Idea!

Hi Chris,

Hiking for Seek-the-Peak on your first trip up MW is a great idea! The support between the Seek-the-Peak'ers is fantastic, and there are so many of us out on the trails that day! And of course, we think it's a very worthwhile cause. We look forward to meeting you (if we don't run into you on another trail before then!!)

T&V

Thanks

Hi Tim & Val, I look forward to meeting up with you oneday. I went and got the book you recommended Not Without Peril and it is a very interesting book I am about half done with it. I have to admit after reading some of the stories alot of people took risk way back then. I am going out today and start buying some of the hiking gear I need. I have already lined up a few people to pledge me and my sister works for a large co. and she is going to bring the pledge sheet to work to try to get some pledges. I run a welding supply store and I plan on making a counter display to get some $$$. Hey whatever it takes.Have a nice weekend.

chris

Thanks

Just to add another vote of confidence... StP 07 was my first climb up MW. In fact it was my first hike to a summit ever! Now I can't wait to go back and start hitting more of the trails. It was truly a well run event and the people are just amazing.

Thanks

thats good that you got the MT bug . i hiked it 27 years or so a go and never lost the bug .i have not done the hike again but will be there for STP 08 and do it then .
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Thanks for the vote of confidence.I have started buying some gear I need and just can't wait to get it all but some of it is expensive so I am buying a couple things at a time.My wife wants me to wait because the kids can buy me stuff for christmas but I would like to start heading up to NH and try to get some trails in this year to get a little better in shape for MW. I cannot wait till next July it is like waiting for christmas. I have alway wanted to hike up MW. I have been going to the summit cams every morning at my desk for the past 10-12 years (and dreaming).I have always told my wife when I finnaly kick the bucket to spread my ashes on the summit. I am alittle obsessed with that mountain. Sorry here I go again blabing on. Have a nice night everybody

Chris