Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stp 2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.I have started buying some gear I need and just can't wait to get it all but some of it is expensive so I am buying a couple things at a time.My wife wants me to wait because the kids can buy me stuff for christmas but I would like to start heading up to NH and try to get some trails in this year to get a little better in shape for MW. I cannot wait till next July it is like waiting for christmas. I have alway wanted to hike up MW. I have been going to the summit cams every morning at my desk for the past 10-12 years (and dreaming).I have always told my wife when I finnaly kick the bucket to spread my ashes on the summit. I am alittle obsessed with that mountain. Sorry here I go again blabing on. Have a nice night everybody

Chris
    Chris, we do understand. Many of us have a strong emotional attachment to MW.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

yes we do, i check the cams every day and now I'm hooked on brads cams to
    Last edited by Charlie; 08-30-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Thanks

Chris I left my Grandmothers ashs up there this year. She loved life and was always proud of my accomplishments. When I told her two years ago I was climbing the mountain she told me she always wanted to do that I told her someday she would. Last year she was diagnosed with congestive heart. She told me as her health care proxy that she wanted to be cremated. I asked her what I should do with her ashes. She told me to take him with me on the mountain this way every time I climbed I could think about her and she would be part of a beautiful part of nature that everyone enjoys. In my well I recently requested the same for myself. Hopefully the national park doesn't consider this littering. I think being up there there's nowhere else on earth you can feel closer to our maker. Just my two cents Chris

Thanks

Default Ashes

Thats a beautiful thing. I've mentioned this before, but I knew someone who was in a Militia re-enactment group. They shot his ashes off the summit in an 1800's mortar!

KDT

Thanks

My wife knows where my ashes are going too, an undisclosed location in the Whites of course.
    That mortar is a great idea. if anyone is interested I spent time with a F & I War re-enactment, I have a nice custom built .62 smoothbore longrifle. I could jam quite a bit of someone's ashes. Not all, but probably a few appendages and all.

Thanks

I think when I get really old I will just drive up the auto road and make my way to the edge of Huntington Ravine and throw myself in. If I don't make it to old age than maybe my ashes could be sprinkled on the mtn. NOT on a real windy day though or I may end up as far as the Atlantic ocean.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Sorry I haven't posted I was camping on the Cape with my family. That was a beautiful story about your grandmother Bosco41. My wife knows I love that mountain so she will put me there when its my turn.My son says if my wife goes before me he knows where to put me. I have to agree I think that is as close as you can get to our maker. Every time I go up there all I can think of is the Led Zepplin song "Stairway To Heaven".Have a good night everybody.

chris

Thanks

Hey kids, i thought i'd drop in to say hello. Chris to re-re-reinforce what the guys are saying the trip is well worth it and very rewarding. This was my first stp and my first ckimb up mt wash. I, like you, set it a s goal and worked my ass off to get ready. The hike was amazing, the people were awesome and from what I hear (I don't Drink) so was the beer. I will be there next year and I will be bringing friends, i've been recruiting since i got home.
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

Sounds like next year is going to be a blast. Can't wait!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???