Hi - I am new to the forum and to MW (other than driving up years ago!). I am a Texan, but I have many years experience hiking the Rockies and desert - just off Elbert on July 4, 5K foot gain over 6 miles with some good scrambles, so terrain is not a problem, BUT this crazy wind you folks have could be. I am thinking about a MW hike the week of Oct 15-18, which I think is a bit late, but the only time I have as I must fit this into another "event" I am coming up East for. I checked the weather page and it looks like low 20s to mid 30s with lots of variation (down) from that. What about the wind and snow? I have the gear for whatever, but I am taking this weather on MW seriously. I would be climbing with an even more experienced Colorado friend - 22 14s and counting - but would appreciate some "heads-up" from the "locals." We have discussed a traverse from Franconia Notch along Garfield to MW, but perhaps that might be a bit ambitious for mid Oct with no experience in the area, so just a day hike up MW might work too. We will have a couple of days to watch the weather, but if it is generally regarded as poor during this time frame, we may want to wait for a more favorable period later, and put our efforts elsewhere. I know it could be a sunny, calm and balmy 35 for three days straight - or the opposite, but any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.