Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 458

Thread: Brad's web cameras

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    this is mine




    so what does this tell me good or bad ?
    Last edited by Charlie; 11-10-2007 at 07:10 PM.
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampton, NH
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Your upload speed is great! Your download speed is pretty slow. Weird too, since you're also on Comcast. They've upped their speeds in the past few months (that's why you get almost 1500 on your upload, it used to be 384 unless you paid the extra $10/month to get it to 768)

    They also have "burst" modes, where I guess when there's little traffic on their lines, they let you have more bandwidth (I've only seen it a few times usually to big sites like Microsoft, when pulling files from their MSDN)

    Kirk

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    this is mine




    so what does this tell me good or bad ?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    so its a comcast thing ?
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Comcast has some sort of speed burst also I think that gives you a certain time of really fast download. Do you have that?
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampton, NH
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I pay the extra $10/month for my comcast broadband, because I need the upload bandwidth (web designer). The speed burst is random and only on downloads from what I found.

    But, my speeds are usually 15-20 megabit

    Kirk

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    Comcast has some sort of speed burst also I think that gives you a certain time of really fast download. Do you have that?


    we can get that but i pay enough for it now and do not need to pay more .
    i can put up with for now .
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampton, NH
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Well, my housemate is a web developer, and I'm a web designer, so between the 2 of us, bandwidth is very important

    We have 7 computers on a gigabit network in the place, lol.

    Now only if the apartment complex would let me install my weather station on the roof, so I can start pushing some data...

    Kirk

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyboy
    Well, my housemate is a web developer, and I'm a web designer, so between the 2 of us, bandwidth is very important

    We have 7 computers on a gigabit network in the place, lol.

    Now only if the apartment complex would let me install my weather station on the roof, so I can start pushing some data...

    Kirk
    But, you are sitting in a big city. I am in a log cabin on a lake in Maine. I have been pleased with the quality we get here. It is better than I have in NC.

    Keep pushing for the weather station. we all would like that.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    But, you are sitting in a big city. I am in a log cabin on a lake in Maine. I have been pleased with the quality we get here. It is better than I have in NC.

    Keep pushing for the weather station. we all would like that.
    It sure is better than mine here in Florida. I'm on DSL though Embarq.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampton, NH
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I'm having even worse luck trying to get my father to allow me to put on up on his house over in Rockport, Maine

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Keep pushing for the weather station. we all would like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •