Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New logo...

Thanks

Default New logo...

Something new to get used to I see? I think I liked the old, windswept summit logo better. It's on the Annual Report too.

Speaking of the AR, I found the "Did you know?" box on the inside cover quite interesting. In 75 years 23,000,000, miles of air has passed the summit! WOW!
    ~Rich

Thanks

Yes, it looks like the banners and logos are changing as we type. I am the first to like change. However, one normally stays away from using red on web pages. Red seems to be the first color that color blind people can not see.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Make sure to force refresh the web pages so that you get all the new images and stylesheets. Browsers typically prefer to use cached versions (depending on settings) but can be nudged to check for updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Make sure to force refresh the web pages so that you get all the new images and stylesheets. Browsers typically prefer to use cached versions (depending on settings) but can be nudged to check for updates.
    Oh, it's red?

hobbes, you mean just hit the refresh button in the browser? Or something else.
    ~Rich

Thanks

Default Go Back

Please go back the old. Not a big fan of the red. Just get rid of the red. Change is a good thing but not in this case. If they get rid of the red I will be ok!!!!!

Thanks

What's wrong with red?

I like the new logo. Honestly, the old logo had become rather dated. Just like lime green bathrooms, purple has run its course.

Edit: Just curious, I wonder if the forum can be re-stylized to match the new Obs colors? That would look nice.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    hobbes, you mean just hit the refresh button in the browser? Or something else.
    Hit Refresh. If something still doesn't look right, try holding down the shift, ctrl, or apple key while clicking Refresh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Edit: Just curious, I wonder if the forum can be re-stylized to match the new Obs colors? That would look nice.
    It probably can be. I tend to be a nuts and bolts guy, not worried so much about colors, but the all parts of the site will eventually be brought in line.

I have to admit I liked the full-width banner of the mountain; it said exactly what we are.

What's wrong with lime green toilets?

Thanks

I'm so ready to move past the old logo I forgot about that weird teal/green color as well. Not to mention that cloud shaped thing that looked more like a clam.

The old logo had its heyday, but times have changed.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

A little insight on the red...It's the very same exact shade that lays down ink on the historic hays wind recording chart. That's the mindset there...

I like the new top banner, and infact a couple posters in this thread float by in pictures (BillO, BC529, ME), but am not 100% sold on the middle part of the homepage. From Latest news to Join/Give/Shop/View seems a bit rough on my eyes layout wise. Maybe it's the floating menu buttons....

I summary, I love the new logo!!!