Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New logo...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Welcome to the forum Borat. Please help us know where Kuczek, Kazakhstan is located and how did you come to be interested in Mt Washington?

I have heard you might be still traveling around the U.S.?
    Kuczek is 2 hours by goat from great capitol city of Almaty. It is lovely mountain town with 3 ox, 8 sheep, and 12 chickens.

I learn Mount Washington from Seek and Peak 2007, please you see my page: http://www.mountwashington.org/forum...read.php?t=852

I like you, I like drive around US in my Lexus.
    Borat Sagdiyev

Thanks

Default Change

Man, I go away for a few days and everything changes. I can't turn my back on you guys for a minute.

I have no choice but to use Firefox now. As Gorque pointed out, the site doesn't work with Safari.

Change is always good, isn't it? I've worked the same job for 25 years. I can't wait for change. Maybe I can become a trash collector, or bag groceries, or pump gas. Anything, PLEASE!

KDT

Thanks

For those having an issue with Safari, do you have Safari 3 installed? If not, are you able to install/try it (www.apple.com/safari/download/) and see if it's still a problem?

Thanks

Default Update

I didn't even think that there was probably an updated version of Safari I should be looking for. I just updated and all things on the Obs website now fall where they should. In other words, this works. Foxfire is probably still better, I'll still keep both browsers.

KDT

Thanks

There were some issues with standards compliance in the previous Safari release, many of which are being fixed in version 3. As the MWOBS site tries to adhere to standards, some non-compliant browsers may have odd quirks about properly displaying the site.

Mount Washington, NH/Kearsarge, NH/State College, PA
    Thanks

I've kind of been sitting back and watching this thread before throwing my 2 cents in.

I personally like the new logo and have ever since I saw it first, back in June. Of course, anytime you change something, especially something that's been in place for about 15 years, you are going to get people that are unhappy with the change. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is and there's no way to make everyone happy in this situation.

Don't get me wrong, the old logo was a great logo that I really likes as well. But I definitely think it was time for a change from the outdated teal and purple colors...and what better time to make that change than our 75th anniversary!

As far as the website is concerned, I'm not going to lie, it was a bit much for me at first. Since then though, it has definitely grown on me and I like it much better now that I have started to get used to it.

Well, that's what this observer thinks...for what it's worth....
    Brian Clark

MWO Observer and Meteorologist

http://mountwashington.accuweather.com<---- My blog on AccuWeather.com

We are....PENN STATE!!

Thanks

Maybe this was touched on already, re: the new logo, but when you become a member you get the cool tag for your auto, I think the new logo will look much better as a sticker on our car. Hopefully they will get some. Anybody know, or was that already brought up?

Thanks

that sounds good to me and now that i just renewed my membership for another year ,they can send it out with my new membership card
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Default Re: New logo...

Quote Originally Posted by Torden
    I like the old logo better than the new one.

I like the new site better than the old one.

Cheers.
    I second that.

The new logo strikes me as being garish. With that overbearing "OBS" I expect to see "GYN" somewhere.

Plus red has been shown to be a "flee" color. It makes people uncomfortable and they like to get away from it.

This is one reason why red is such a popular color in fast food restaurants. It keeps the clientele moving.

The logo section is hard to decipher unless one already knows the previous logo. To the uninitiated it must look like a worn-out saw with racing stripes or a slice of cheese invaded by red mold (with scrape marks where an attempt to remove the mold was made).

I could care less about whether or not something is "dated" or "obsolete". If it looks good, it looks good. The old logo looked good. This one tries to give me a headache as I scroll down to get it off the screen.
    Why did I climb the mountain? Because I was there.
    - Mak

Thanks

Default Obs

I had the same thought about the OBS. You expect to see three letters following.

KDT