Thread: Unknown Pond trail

Thanks

Default Unknown Pond trail

I'm looking to do Cabot Sunday/Monday via Unknown Pond trail. What is the deal with the gate on Mill Brook Road? Is there one? Is it closed or open?

Thanks
    Bill

Thanks

Default Gate

Hey, Billy! The gate is there, but I am relatively sure it is only closed for winter. We day hiked to Cabot that way a few years ago and had no problem. Be sure to take the short side trail to The Horn, one of my favorite views in the Whites. The trail goes right over The Bulge, both are on the NE Hundred Highest List. Enjoy!
    KDT

Thanks

Thanks Kevin, I'm trying to get one of my buddies to go with me but it looks like another solo adventure. I'm heading up later on Sunday and I want to camp at Unknown Pond campsite then Monday do the Horn, Bulge, and Cabot.

Thanks

Default Nice!

It's a real nice hike, I'm sure you'll love it! If you still feel like hiking on Monday, I hear Roger's Ledge is worth the effort, though I've never been. The North Country foliage is outstanding right now.
    KDT

Thanks

I ended doing this hike from Mill Brook Road on Monday. The weather wasn't very good so even though I made the side trip to The Horn there wasn't anything to see. The trail itself is very pleasant however wet rocks,wet roots, and wet leaves make staying upright a challenge. Due to the weather I didn't get to take too many pictures but what few I took are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/engineczar/MtCabot2007

Thanks

Default Still Nice!

Too bad the weather didn't cooperate for you. I hope you still enjoyed yourself. If you're like me, just being in the woods is reward enough. You still managed to get some nice pictures!
    KDT