Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: members list

Thanks

Default members list

i was going through the membership list and there are a lot of people that never posted but a good amount have checked in with in the last 3 months and a # of the people have checked in with in the last year .
    so it is good to see that there are a lot of people checking in but it would be better if they join in and share there thoughts.
    so chime in ,the more the merrier
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawk
    i was going through the membership list and there are a lot of people that never posted but a good amount have checked in with in the last 3 months and a # of the people have checked in with in the last year .
    so it is good to see that there are a lot of people checking in but it would be better if they join in and share there thoughts.
    There are a lot of members out there who have joined but don't participate. I'm willing to bet that most of the "Guests" you see paroosing the forums are members who are not signed in.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

hello ..

My name is Richard.

username "richard583".

I posted a message similar to this one - under "General Discussion" - just yesterday, but in point of fact it didn't end up showing up.

Having registered only yesterday, I'd figured that perhaps there may have been some type of interim period set up for some reason, during which the post was being checked.

As such, this is my second attempt to introduce myself.

Hello.

-RM(richard583)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richard583
    hello ..

My name is Richard.

username "richard583".

I posted a message similar to this one - under "General Discussion" - just yesterday, but in point of fact it didn't end up showing up.

Having registered only yesterday, I'd figured that perhaps there may have been some type of interim period set up for some reason, during which the post was being checked.

As such, this is my second attempt to introduce myself.

Hello.

-RM(richard583)
    Hello Richard, Good to have you on the forums. Yes there is a hold on new members for spam control. You are now beyond that so feel free to join in on the fun. If you haven't yet, go ahead and read the forum rules/user agreement section just to get familiar. See you around.
    Steve

Thanks

Welcome to the group. There is quite a diverse set of interests represented here - but, plenty of hiking and weather discussions - and photography. There are several very good photographers here. Plenty of fun for all.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    Many of the forum members who have zero posts are spammers. We can't prevent spammers from joining, but we can remove their posts before they are posted. That is why the member list appears to be full of timid people.

Thanks

thanks mike

and welcome Richard

i see your from ca and hope your not by all the fires

Thanks

hello again / .. Appreciate the welcome.

In response to both the note that I'm in fact from California, and also, the mention of the current, and ongoing "fire" situation, here out west, . .

. . I've thought to share a loop sequence - accessible online, provided through one of my favorite resources, . . which captures this situation fairly well.

That main resource is the "Weather Graphics Loops" page at (set up by) the "University of Washington, Atmospheric Science Department":

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/

The link here just below will route you to the most recent 12 VIS parameter images (posted half-hourly), of the wider 4km perspective surrounding the occurrence.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ove...is_enhanced+12

For a broader timeframe perspective of the circumstance, simply dial in a wider period ..

- This by either selecting one of the main general options listed following "East Pacific / 4km / Vis .. from the greater list of loops offered - on the page pointed to above, . .

. . or either, with adjusting the no. "12" within the main (direct) URL that I've included above, .. to one greater.

In point of fact, in fact Paradise CA - where I am, is in the Northern portion of CA — approx. 120 NNE of San Francisco /.. within the ridge-land foothills of "the Sierras": And so, nowhere near to devastation.

As can be seen with looking at loop potential pointed above, . .

. . the main high pressure contributing to the wind force still at this point charging through the narrow passages East of the greater "LA basin", . .

. . has only contributed to a generally warmer than normal condition further north - where I am.

___

As the loop potential that I've pointed to above will in fact eventually "run out", .. for reference sake considering this idea - set against that of time more generally, . .

. . here below I've included access to a single image from today's date, representative of the wider circumstance.

0710232230_vis_enh_4km.gif

-RM(richard583)
    Last edited by richard583; 10-23-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D
    Many of the forum members who have zero posts are spammers. We can't prevent spammers from joining, but we can remove their posts before they are posted. That is why the member list appears to be full of timid people.
    Why do spammers get to stay listed as members. It clutters up the members list and just makes things harder. If nothing else, anyone who joins with a name like "sdjhfliuerhfdskjf" should have their own special membership folder!
    Steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    Why do spammers get to stay listed as members. It clutters up the members list and just makes things harder. If nothing else, anyone who joins with a name like "sdjhfliuerhfdskjf" should have their own special membership folder!

some sites will keep them on the members list so it looks like the site is busy and has a lot of members . i don't think this site needs that so i vote to take them off