Hello,

I'm new here so I don't know if this has been posted before but I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's a little synopsis about me: I recently graduated high school and took a semester off to decide whether I wanted to study meteorology or play soccer in college. The schools I got offers from didn't have atmospheric science or meteorology so I had to choose one or the other. Eventually, I realized my love for the weather was greater and would be more beneficial, in my opinion, than playing soccer. Now my question is whether there are opportunities, like observing on the top of Mt. Washington, for those who are only high school grads? I am taking classes in the spring at a local college and transferring into the Meteorology program at Rutgers University in the fall. However in the mean time, I'm looking to get a jump start and some experience under my belt. I was a very successful student in high school and was wondering if there were jobs, similar to those on Mt. Washington (not necessarily as severe), for people like myself. Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and look forward to getting to know some of you!

Chris