Thread: Rei Garage Sale

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Rei Garage Sale

I went to my first garage sale Saturday at REI and I could not believe how people turn into animals. People were pushing people,two women were just about ready to fight over a couple of shirts.It was amazing how people were going crazy. I was amazed how poeple were running upstairs and pushing people. I did not get anything but I have to say it was hillirious watching how people turn from being normal outside into animals inside. I may not have gotten anything but while I was checking stuff out I couldn't help but laugh. I believe this will be my only garage sale I will be going to.People were grabbing used boots and shoes 5+6 prs and hurrying to get to the shoe dept. to try them on not even checking out the sizes or anything. I just had to tell you guys about my experince. Even the people that work there were standing at the top of the stairs cracking up laughing at the way everybody was acting.
    Last edited by CHRIS; 11-04-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks

were the prices that good
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Default rei

I went to my first rei garage sale several years ago. It was also my last for the same reasons you describe.
    Tim

Thanks

I am not to sure if the prices were that good because I do not push people to get at stuff but people were going crazy.I couldn't believe all the people going nuts over used shoes.I told my wife I will just wait for some good sales so as not to have to go thru that.
    Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    I am not to sure if the prices were that good because I do not push people to get at stuff but people were going crazy.I couldn't believe all the people going nuts over used shoes.I told my wife I will just wait for some good sales so as not to have to go thru that.
    Chris
    Well I'm glad I don't live close enough to an REI because I would have been there if I did. I am a member but I would have to agree with you, I couldn't be a part of that. The comic relief would have been fun though.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Having been an REI member for over 30 years I can definitely say that I've been to more than a few of their garage sales. And I can definitely say the prices HAVE been worth it. There are some of us out here who really want top notch products but cannot afford top notch prices. Their garage sales have been a life saver for us. I've found $300 sleeping bags for $80 because of a small hole that I could quickly sew with a needle and thread. A two person backpacking tent at 1/6th the cost because it had rust stains on the tent cloth in a couple places.
    REI can't sell it . . . and it's one way for them to recoup SOMETHING from the damaged and returned items. It's a win/win situation for all involved.
    I've stood in 15 degree weather for three hours to be one of the first 10 in line - so I could get in to the best deals. I can't tell you how many family members and friends I've helped to outfit from these garage sales. Crazy? Maybe. But if I can go spend $400 and come out with $1800 worth of stuff then it's well worth a few minutes of "garage sale madness" to me . . .
    And you never know what you're going to find. If they sell it in REI, then you could find it in the garage sale - from kayaks to mini stoves.
    You think "Steep and Cheap" is good? These sales could blow them away!
    You DO have to be careful - the items are returned/damaged. But some have been returned simply because the "customer didn't like it". Others have major flaws so bad you have to be a repair guru to find the worth, but everything is labeled as to what the damage is -
    It's the old "buyer beware" at fantastic prices.
    So, sorry folks, this is one person who doesn't care who laughs at me or for how long - because "I'll" be the ultimate WINNER!!

Thanks

I am sure there is some great buys that is why I went there but I for one am not an agressive shopper. I cannot push people to get a bargain. Maybe its not llike that everywhere but it was here that day. I hope I did not offend you in any way. If I did please except my deepest apologizes.