Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Ceremony On The Summit??

Thanks

Smile

Here's a thread on just this topic.

Wedding thread

Please disregard the topmost image and scroll down a bit to find the wedding pictures.
    Every landscape which is dreary enough has a certain beauty to my eyes, and in this instance
    its permanent qualities were enhanced by the weather. H.D. Thoreau

Thanks

BINGO....that's the type of setup we are probably going to go with....although...I think we'll have it more low-key and not as dressy. Although I'll have to check with "the boss" on this

Rob Lightbown
    http://www.crownweather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gorque
    Here's a thread on just this topic.

Wedding thread

Please disregard the topmost image and scroll down a bit to find the wedding pictures.

Thanks

Rob,

Good on Mike P for offering you all the options. The Tip Top House is a special place, a real haven, on the summit. It surely is a one-of-it's-kind location!

A suggestion from the nickel seats ( me) would be to lobby the "the Boss" for a late (-ish) afternoon ceremony to avoid the crush of the tourist crowds on top and Auto Road traffic at the bottom. ( I work in the Toll House at the MWAR, just so you know my perspective on this.)

That time of year, the road is open until 6 PM, but the traffic does wane significantly after 3:30 or so. Avoiding a 30++ minute wait in line at the Toll House could be a good thing.

For post-ceremony celebrations, there are quite a few options, either Mary or Amy from the MWAR are certainly up to speed with Lots of suggestions and contact info.

Wildcat Ski Area can also accommodate private functions.

Of course, I will put in my request to Ken Rancourt that he do his best as the Wizard Of Weather on Mt Washington to play nice for your special day.

Best wishes,

Breeze

Thanks

[QUOTE=rwlightbown]A question re: the four weddings on the summit you observed: Where on the summit were they held?? I have gotten ahold of Mike P. at MWSP and he gave it a green light. We're thinking of renting a time for the tip top house or part of the Sherman Adams Building, in case the weather is really bad that day (Covering all bases). Basically, we're trying to do something "different" for a wedding and trying to coordinate with all parties on the summit and not get into anyone's way. (State Park, Auto Road, Obs).

The four that I have witnessed were held on the actual peak, the deck (which was in another thread as someone pointed out), the tip top house, and a sunset tour in the Sherman Adams building on the state side. As long as you coordinate with everyone else, it won't bother the obs I don't think. Just aim for summer remember cause the summit is closed to visitors right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwlightbown
    A question re: the four weddings on the summit you observed: Where on the summit were they held?? I have gotten ahold of Mike P. at MWSP and he gave it a green light. We're thinking of renting a time for the tip top house or part of the Sherman Adams Building, in case the weather is really bad that day (Covering all bases). Basically, we're trying to do something "different" for a wedding and trying to coordinate with all parties on the summit and not get into anyone's way. (State Park, Auto Road, Obs).

Rob
    The four that I have witnessed were held on the actual peak, the deck (which was in another thread as someone pointed out), the tip top house, and a sunset tour in the Sherman Adams building on the state side. As long as you coordinate with everyone else, it won't bother the obs I don't think. Just aim for summer remember cause the summit is closed to visitors right now.