Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mooning the Cog?

Thanks

Default Mooning the Cog?

I heard on the news today, eight people have been charged with 'Mooning the cog'. Any comments,questions or confessions? No pictures please.

On a recent, chilly morning, waiting to board the train, James Hamilton, of Cohasset, Massachusetts, had a theory about the mooners’ motivation.

“Well, I guess this goes along with the original history of the train, which was when the Marshes decided to build it, I believe they called it The Railway to the Moon. Perhaps those chaps, lads and lassies, who might have been exposing their nether regions were history buffs.”

For NHPR News, this is Chris Jensen.
    Joe Dodge,Crystal falls,HoJo's,Tuckermans,Headwall,
    Rockpile,6288.

Thanks

Maybe there were lycanthropes on the train and they were afraid "full moons" would make them change

Thanks

Default Old News

This is old news, not sure why the AP picked up on it today, this happened in June or July. Slow news day I guess. It's nice to know that all the major crime problems in the state of NH are solved and the police can now concentrate on the important work of giving these people lifetime placement on the sex offender list.

This whole thing has been beaten to death in other hiking forums. I think it more likely people are mooning the Cog because it is belching rotten smelling black smoke across the mountain tops. Ever try to hike downwind of it? I've smelled it at Hojo's miles away and thousands of feet below. You're gasping for breath by the time you reach the parking lot.

It is time for a change. Switch over to some cleaner fuel or shut it down.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    This is old news, not sure why the AP picked up on it today, this happened in June or July. Slow news day I guess. It's nice to know that all the major crime problems in the state of NH are solved and the police can now concentrate on the important work of giving these people lifetime placement on the sex offender list.

This whole thing has been beaten to death in other hiking forums. I think it more likely people are mooning the Cog because it is belching rotten smelling black smoke across the mountain tops. Ever try to hike downwind of it? I've smelled it at Hojo's miles away and thousands of feet below. You're gasping for breath by the time you reach the parking lot.

It is time for a change. Switch over to some cleaner fuel or shut it down.

KDT
    I must agree. If the AMC can switch to natural gas or propane to fire there fireplaces then the cog can change too.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Hydrogen cells, man!

Personally, we don't support the Cog in any way.

However, I probably would moon it!
    Last edited by Rich; 11-15-2007 at 08:24 PM.
    ~Rich

Thanks

Default History... buff?

Remember, the human body is shameful and should be covered always lest someone see what we were all given at birth. I agree with KD, there are many more important matters facing law enforcement, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks

Mooning is harmless, children's fun!
    Bravo for those eight who have a sense of humor!
    And how many people on the train took pictures? I'll bet more than a couple!!
    And they all had a good laugh . . .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker
    Mooning is harmless, children's fun!
    Bravo for those eight who have a sense of humor!
    And how many people on the train took pictures? I'll bet more than a couple!!
    And they all had a good laugh . . .
    Except for being on the state sex offender registry. I'm guessing it doesn't go into detail as to why you are on the list. So your name is up there right next to rapists.

What's the real story here? Did something get left out? The punishment does not fit the crime. It seems like higher courts would toss this out in an instant.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Except for being on the state sex offender registry. I'm guessing it doesn't go into detail as to why you are on the list. So your name is up there right next to rapists.

What's the real story here? Did something get left out? The punishment does not fit the crime. It seems like higher courts would toss this out in an instant.
    The sex offender registry was brought up in this thread, but it was not mentioned in the AP story I read. Does anyone have a link to a relevant news story?

Thanks

If mooning is a "sex crime", the the college kids is Bennington better start covering up.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life.