Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New panos with experimental viewer

Thanks

Default New panos with experimental viewer

I was just reading up about Microsoft's HD View, a new piece of software that combines the concepts of QuicktimeVR (360x180 immersive panoramics) and Zoomify (flash base flat gigapixel image zooming) into 1 application.

It requires a plugin, for IE or Firefox and works only in Windows right now, so for those of you who don't like plugins, I guess you can skip this thread.

I was up until the wee hours of the morning last night piecing together some of my Mt Washington views (taken from Bretton Woods, Wildcat, Mount Prospect and even up on The Rockpile

Today my machine's been ftp'ing almost a gig of images up to my server over the past few hours, for your enjoyment.

So without further ado...

http://www.kmembrydesign.com/hdview/

Once the plugin installs, you can click to zoom in on the images, or use your mouse wheel to zoom in/out.

Kirk
    Last edited by spyboy; 11-14-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks

You've really got some nice photos there. But where's 'Dixville Notch'?

Thanks

Thanks

I like the deck image from the actual summit.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

OMG, I think I will jump in the car right now and head for NH. The panos just bring me back there. You are an evil person to post this for a guy in Florida!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Hey, I used to live in Florida too (ok, only for 2 years) so if you post picture of Florida, I might miss that

I was there from 2003-2005, when we got spanked by 3 hurricanes each season (in Sunrise, Florida).

Katrina was barely a storm as it cruised over S. Florida, then turned into a monster.

Wilma came right through Fort Lauderdale/Sunrise, tearing up alot of houses in the neighborhood but luckily we just had a few shingles pulled off.

The "best" (if that's even possible) part of Wilma, was the 10 days of cool weather with blue skies afterwards. There was no power, no gas, nothing, but everyone survived and I think it's because of the cool temps, nobody freaked out. I finally met alot of neighbors, people had block parties, video projectors were hooked to generators for movie nights shown on sheets hung from the houses. The sad part was once the power went on, everyone went back inside and that was it, no more neighbors to chat with.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    OMG, I think I will jump in the car right now and head for NH. The panos just bring me back there. You are an evil person to post this for a guy in Florida!

Thanks

btw, I'm working on my next batch of panos right now, so they should be uploaded by the morning.

Kirk

Thanks

You know, that is probably the most cool thing about Florida is the tropical storms and hurricanes! It's what I look forward too all year long, hoping to get hit by something worth respect. The thunderstorms are really cool too. Sometimes these storms produce some awesome electrical storms with lightning flashes every second like a photo shoot at the grammies or something. The heat I can do without though!

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy
    Hey, I used to live in Florida too (ok, only for 2 years) so if you post picture of Florida, I might miss that

I was there from 2003-2005, when we got spanked by 3 hurricanes each season (in Sunrise, Florida).

Katrina was barely a storm as it cruised over S. Florida, then turned into a monster.

Wilma came right through Fort Lauderdale/Sunrise, tearing up alot of houses in the neighborhood but luckily we just had a few shingles pulled off.

The "best" (if that's even possible) part of Wilma, was the 10 days of cool weather with blue skies afterwards. There was no power, no gas, nothing, but everyone survived and I think it's because of the cool temps, nobody freaked out. I finally met alot of neighbors, people had block parties, video projectors were hooked to generators for movie nights shown on sheets hung from the houses. The sad part was once the power went on, everyone went back inside and that was it, no more neighbors to chat with.

Kirk
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Yeah, wierd, isn't it? I've long thought that humanity was in many ways better before the technological revolution. A stronger sense of community for one thing - I see my neighbors maybe three or four times a year, and that's usually when they're out on their back porch yelling at each other...

And I can't imagine living in Florida. Not to disparage your state, of course, but I hate heat. Not to mention, love winter and mountains. A few years ago, I spent a week in southern Texas and all I really remember is the heat so oppresive I had to get up at 5 AM to go running - and even then I was drenched in sweat, the cacti on the football field, and the water moccasin in the swimming hole. I'm quite happy with NH.

Thanks

Well, I grew up a Jersey boy, and moved to Vermont as soon as I graduated from Rutgers. Lived in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, but did 2 years in Austin, Texas during the dot com heyday. Also spent 2 years in Florida.

So, I've done my southern living, in the heat. I liked Texas, it was different. East Texas piney woods reminded me of New England (except it was 100 degrees).

Now I'm back up in New Hampshire, where I belong. Even as I kid in NJ I was happy in the fall/winter in my big red/black plaid lumberjack shirts and a pair of Timberlands.

K