Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIN's New Home

Thanks

Question NIN's New Home

I haven't checked the comments in a few weeks, did I miss something? NIN is leaving the Summit? When? Where? Will there be a new mascot?

Mount Washington, NH/Kearsarge, NH/State College, PA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkgreyhounds
    I haven't checked the comments in a few weeks, did I miss something? NIN is leaving the Summit? When? Where? Will there be a new mascot?

Yes, Nin is retiring from the summit the day after Christmas. This decision was made a couple months ago after Nin had a few health problems. He is perfectly fine now that the health issues have been taken care of (he had a mouth full of bad teeth that had to be removed). However, Nin is about 17 years old now, so it was decided that the most humane thing to do at this point was to move him to a home in the valley where he could get immediate vet attention if he were to fall ill. If that were to happen on the summit in the dead of winter, there may not be an opportunity to get him down for a couple of days.

It will be very sad to see Nin leave, however I am glad to say that there will be a sucessor to Nin. The Conway Humane Society has already offered to donate a new cat and they have even suggested one that they think would be suited well to life on the summit. As one of the summit crew, I love having a cat up here. It would feel strange not having one.

When Nin does leave on December 26th, he will be going to live with Diane Holmes and Mike Pelchat. Mike is the manager of the Mount Washington State Park and Diane is one of the long time employees of the State Park. Both of them have been here since Nin was first brought up in the early 90's and I am positive that they will provide a wonderful new home for him.
    Brian Clark

MWO Observer and Meteorologist

http://mountwashington.accuweather.com<---- My blog on AccuWeather.com

We are....PENN STATE!!

Thanks

Default Thanks

Its hard to make decisions when it comes to members of the family but you're doing the right thing. Thanks for being such great human ambassadors for those that can't always make the decisions for themselves

Thanks

I hope Nin will still contribute to the observer comments every once in a while, I mean, he will be observing the weather from his new home, and I'm sure he'll be perched in the window watching intently.

K

Thanks

i hope Nins new home will have a computer for him to check the cams and the weather up top and also so he can check in on the forum froum time to time .
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

And lets not forget about Nin's notes. He will have to give his 2 cents worth in Windswept.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

My thought is that his comments may dwell on the loss of different, new laps to be explored. I am sure that he will be loved and well cared for, but to lose the ability to travel on that never-ending quest for the perfect lap to sleep on, well it might be somewhat depressing for poor Nin. But, if you are reading, while old quests can be hard to drop, there is always the quest for the perfect position on just a few laps, and I am sure that there will always be company coming by. So best of fortune on your new home, may it be a long and prosperous retirement. Please drop a line here occasionally to let us know how you are doing. I am sure any new summit cat would appreciate your words of wisdom to help them acclimate to their new surroundings.

Thanks

Default Nin's new home

Everyone can rest assured that Nin will be more than OK-- Often,
    when the OBS living room was full to watch a movie, Nin quite often choose to sleep on Mike or Diane"s lap. Nin also enjoyed watching the 6 pm news with Diane---Nin has ended up in as close as you can get to Animal Nirvana in Gorham..... Many thanks to Mike and Diane!

Does Red miss Nin.....

Pete

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pete S
    Does Red miss Nin.....
    He'll miss the food bowl more than anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pete S
    Everyone can rest assured that Nin will be more than OK-- Often,
    when the OBS living room was full to watch a movie, Nin quite often choose to sleep on Mike or Diane"s lap. Nin also enjoyed watching the 6 pm news with Diane---Nin has ended up in as close as you can get to Animal Nirvana in Gorham..... Many thanks to Mike and Diane!

Does Red miss Nin.....

Pete
    Sounds like Nin will have it made then.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???