Thread: Any Great ski stories yet.

Thanks

Default Any Great ski stories yet.

I'll start. Mad River Glen ski it if you can.

Mad River opened yesterday with the 2 1/2 ft of snow they stacked up in the last four days on top of a good base. A fresh mountian to cut up. sry snowboarders. It was great to have loads of fresh un tracked trails. There were some tracks from some of those willing to hike. They must of had so much fun. Cause I know I did.

VJD
    Think Snow

Thanks

I saw Jay Peak is almost 100% open already, and it's still early December! This doesn't reflect the previous few winters, which were so dry until January.

Global warming..meh!

Kirk

Thanks

I remember Vermont had a great Christmas ski season back in 1995. I was skiing Okemo and it was 100% open with excellent coverage in the woods.

I see that western resorts are somewhat struggling this year.

Of course, its still early and everything in New England could be wiped out with a decent warm spell.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Of course, its still early and everything in New England could be wiped out with a decent warm spell.
    Stop being a wet blanket. Let the kids have their fun.

Thanks

We're heading up to Butternut for a little early local flavor tomorrow. Need to try out my new equip that I got at Thanksgiving at Killington. Speaking of Killington...$80 bucks for a day of skiing? Crazy! I hear the new owners aren't making positive changes for the resort. Lot's of kids programs have been eliminated? We ski Pico when we're at my brothers.
    ~Rich

Thanks

Pico was my babysitter as a kid. I dont think parents just just drop their kids at 7:30 and pick them up at 4 anymore. I dont know about the kids programs. Killington has not even made an attempt to open any beginner terrian at this point.
    Think Snow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D
    Stop being a wet blanket. Let the kids have their fun.
    Actually with the usual stated comments that I hear on this board, I find the use of the term "decent" to describe warm weather to be interesting as well as counterintuitive.

Thanks

We're blitzin' several areas on our annual ski trip back home to NH in Feb. I hope the snow so far for the ski year is indicative of a good year. Lord knows all the local businesses need it. I don't want to see M&P ski resorts get NELSAP'd. We'll be hittin' Cannon, Wildcat, probably Bretton Woods(though I'm skeptical of new out-of-state ownership, i.e. their new "sports club", members only, 35K a year to have someone put your skis on a rack while you go inside during the winter)Cannon was where we went every week for our lessons and free ski ( Jefferson Elementary, thank you state of NH)and I have a biased leaning towards it. On the way we're visiting my wife's sister in VT and we'll hit Bolton Valley while we're there because I don't want to waste a day sitting inside.
    Let it snow!

Thanks

I don't know how to start.
    Skied Vermont 12/2 thru 12/7
    Okemo 2 days totally awesome
    Sugarbush 1 day same
    Jay 2 days out of control
    Every place I went it was snowing at least flurries.
    Took my 1st crash in recent memory. I had snow in every orifice.
    Didn't feel confident enough for Mad River. Need to be in good shape for that and from the way I feel now, I'm not.
    It was cold all but one day.
    Most days I was the only one within site on the lifts once I was away from the bases.
    So much fun

Union Leader said
    "Cold temperatures and snow in people's backyards have produced a record opening for many ski areas.

"I think it's our best start ever," said Bruce McCloy of Mount Sunapee in Newbury. "
    I think he's right

Thanks

Yeah, I agree best start in awhile. I am trying to get out of work early tonight so I can go up to Stowe. Head up to camp at the top and ski for a while in the morning.
    Killington will have all base lodges open this weekend. They are planning the open for Pico too. Dec 14th. Pico is a great Mountain. Tons of fun without tons of people.
    Think Snow