Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter hike advice

Thanks

The problem is there have been snowstorms every other day so my guess is that until the weather pattern levels out a bit that anything older than a day wouldn't be very accurate. You probably already checked but no one in the past week has posted anything on VFTT. The avalanche danger in Tucks and Huntington is high right now so with all the recent snowfalls and winds I would guess the snow on the LH trail is pretty deep as well.

Sorry for the non-answer

Thanks

I just did a climb with 2 other beginners Saturday and what a gas! I think it is totally doable!! We hired a guide from IMCS and he(pat) was great. Get a guide and get up there.

Thanks

ever since i read into thin air i never start a hike with out discussing a set turn around time, it was 3pm for us in Feb it doesnt matter how close you are from summit you cant break that golden rule. Just imaginge being stuck above treeline overnight (haha sounds cool i know but its only cool if you live through it)
    "Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." Ernest Hemingway