Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need New Boots

Thanks

I can't wait...
    chris

Thanks

Seems odd that none of the posts mentioned Limmer Boots. Great boots. Excellent fitting....

Surprise, surprise...

Thanks

Default Limmers

Well, he was talking about going to REI. Can't get Limmers there. Probably can't get a better boot, and definitely can't get a better fit than Limmers, so, you're absolutely right in the endorsement.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    Well I went to REI today and picked up my boots and some other stuff. I purchased Asolo Fugitive GTX boots http://www.rei.com/product/706762 they have Goretex and a diffrent kind of rubber sole.They were very very comfortable and when I walked on the rocks they have going down my toes did not get crunched all up against the front.They were a little more $170.00 but a few bucks more for comfortable feet are worth it.

Chris

Great boots. I did several hikes this summer and have done a couple so far this winter in them. You won't be disappointed. The soles are very sticky which is a good thing. The only problem is sticky=soft which means you (and I) won't be getting 10 years out of them.

Thanks

Default Limmers

Yeah, but unlike stuff you buy at REI, you take these back to Limmers and they re-sole them. You may not have to buy new boots for ten years or more!

KDT

Thanks

The sales person at REI recommended Limmers to me because of my hard to fit feet. Trouble is that the custom boots have a several year wait and cost about $600. Now that they have standard boots for about $250 I may actually give that a shot. Everyone that has them sure seems to love them. More than worth the money for a boot that could last 15 years and can be resoled are refitted for anything that wears out.