Thread: Romance on the Rock Pile

Thanks

Default Romance on the Rock Pile

Does anyone know of someone who has ever done a marriage proposal in the Presidential range or on/around Mt Washington. If so, how was it done?

Where are the top 5 views from the ridge-line of the NH Presidential Range?

Anyone have a romantic story of courtship, proposals, or marriage on the mountain?

Thanks

I recall that a proposal was made (and accepted) last summer on STP07. And there is a forum member who was married on the summit.

Best views? Wow, that would be a tough one because that range is so awesome. I do like the Great Gulf heading from the MW summit over to Mt Clay to take the Jewell trail down.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcwhiker07
    Does anyone know of someone who has ever done a marriage proposal in the Presidential range or on/around Mt Washington. If so, how was it done?

Where are the top 5 views from the ridge-line of the NH Presidential Range?

Anyone have a romantic story of courtship, proposals, or marriage on the mountain?
    Well, the intern who preceded me is romantically involved with the intern that succeeded me. In fact, he returned as an Observer and their romance was featured in a special aired on the Weather Channel. Even TV weather men know that the mushy stuff sells.

Thanks

Smile Married on the summit - Sept. 26, 1992

My wife and I were married on the summit. I hiked with nine of my friends to the top and my wife drove up with the rest of the group. What an awesome wedding!!!!!!! We had around 4o people and I wouldn't have wanted the wedding any other way. Gorham has a justice of the peace and he does the wedding ceremonies on the top. One of the girls that hiked up with me was so overwhelmed by the wedding that she also had her wedding on the summit. I honestly feel there is no better place to be married than on the rock pile. What is really neat, if the weather is bad they let you have the ceremony in the tip- top house. I was so inspired by the wedding that I named my son Madison ( the backdrop of the musem roof where the ceremony took place). I had my post celebration at the Mount Washington Hotel but I know people that have gotten married on the rock pile that Stay at Dolly Cobb with all thier friends and hike to the top get married then back to Dolly for the party. That also works well. If mount washington is an option for a weddinG, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I discussed (you could even use the word "proposed") marriage with my gf at the summit of Mt Mitchell in North Carolina. (I work at MWO, so I couldn't do it at work). We had already talked about it, so it wasn't a big take-a-knee-and-pop-the-question sort of event.

Thanks

Default Climbing

If I keep making my wife climb MW, I might end up divorced. It's a slippery slope, not just in winter.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex
    If mount washington is an option for a weddinG, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too late, but if I had it to do over again...
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???