Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Suggestion: for sale/gear exhange section on forums?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaseri
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I've got a brand new pair of skis and bindings I'd like to sell.
    And I just might want to buy them. Just because I live in Florida doesn't mean I can't or don't ski.

    I think it's a good idea to be able to buy/sell/trade our personal stuff here provided it's done tastefully and respectably. Rules need to be established.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    And I just might want to buy them. Just because I live in Florida doesn't mean I can't or don't ski.

    I think it's a good idea to be able to buy/sell/trade our personal stuff here provided it's done tastefully and respectably. Rules need to be established.

    you know you cant water ski with them
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If you're serious shoot me an email!

    kaseri(at)gmail(dot)com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    tamworth nh
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    so has this moved forward any since the last posting

    joe
    im a summit club member now

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    I think this topic died. Check out the other forums listed above.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    tamworth nh
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    well lets see if we can bring back to life
    CLEAR


    Last edited by Caffeine Addict; 06-17-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    im a summit club member now

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lovettsville, VA
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 112 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    Just saw this thread for the first time...

    I'm on another forum that uses the same software and the way they avoided the onslaught of ads and scammers is that the classifieds forum is only viewable to PAID members. When you are viewing the forums, under the posters avatar and name it says "[FORUM NAME] MEMBER" in red, versus just some other generic titles.

    If you register on the forums, but don't pay the "support" fee, then you never see that and other topic areas on the site.

    Perhaps something similar could work with those that are current MWO Members.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Addict View Post
    well lets see if we can bring back to life
    CLEAR
    No, it died because the administrators wanted it to. I'm on board with them as well.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    tamworth nh
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    ok lets call it time of death 122 pm on the 17 day of june 2008
    im a summit club member now

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Just saw this thread for the first time...

    I'm on another forum that uses the same software and the way they avoided the onslaught of ads and scammers is that the classifieds forum is only viewable to PAID members. When you are viewing the forums, under the posters avatar and name it says "[FORUM NAME] MEMBER" in red, versus just some other generic titles.

    If you register on the forums, but don't pay the "support" fee, then you never see that and other topic areas on the site.

    Perhaps something similar could work with those that are current MWO Members.
    It sounds like this could be another members only perk for the Obs. Places on the forums site that are members only might help boost membership.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •