Thread: Mount Tecumseh! Sunday, October 22

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Mount Tecumseh! Sunday, October 22

The hike:
    Ideal for the beginner or intermediate hiker! This mountain is the lowest 4000'er at 4003'. I prefer the approach from the Tripoli (pronounced triple-eye) Road. There are some views along this trail, and the woods seem more attractive. We'll meet, gear up, and be ready for a 8:30 am start at the Mt Tecumseh Trailhead. We'll get the views at the top on the Sosman Trail!
    Directions:
    I-93 to exit 31, right on to Tripoli (eye) Road, the pavement turns to gravel in about 2 miles. About 5.5 miles on this road is the trailhead parking area, about .4 mile east of East Pond Trail
    Notes:
    Crampons should be brought on each hike now through May '07. Cold weather/wind gear is required. This hike is round trip: 6.2 miles, 2,600 feet of elevation gain, and has a book time of 4 hours, 30 minutes. Make new friends, meet old friends!

Thanks

does this trail interfere with Waterville Valley at all? Any hiking on the ski trails?
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

We hiked on the hiking trail from Tripoli (eye) Road. The huge Nextel tower is on the domed open area just above the ski trails. It went fine today with Catherine, Diane, Linda, Julie, Glen, Bob, Peter, and Ghostdog joining me. A beautiful winter wonderland to play in the mountains!
    Last edited by MtnMagic; 10-23-2006 at 10:26 AM.