Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty!

Thanks

Default Marty!

Way to go! I knew he could do it!!!

Thanks

Default Marty!

The other cat-idates, as likeable (and splendid!) as they are. did not have the outdoor experrtise that Marty brings to the summit!

Yay Marty!

Thanks

well i didnt vote for him
    but congrats to marty, he will be a fine top cat
    to the other, good luck and i bet there will be some one soon to give you a home
    Today is the Tomorrow you dreamed about Yesterday!
    Nothing is impossible, its just a matter of how difficult!

Thanks

Yeah Marty!! I did vote for him, but I felt bad or the other kitties. I'd gladly take them, my two kitties are indoor only as well. Well, I am sure they will get good homes soon!

Thanks

Will we get a preview notice on which cat is selected? Will Marty be the staff's selection? Do we have to wait till Wednesday and shift change?

I hope we will not have to wait.

Are we there yet?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

i think we have to wait until wed
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

If I am correct, Tomorrow is Marty’s First day up top! And I would just like to day Good Luck Marty, I hope you enjoy your new home atop the mountain!

And for everyone else who is up there, just some friendly reminders with a new cat. He/she is going to be super curious about their new home. Walking into every room and walking the perimeter along the walls before going anywhere else! This is how they orient them selves to their new home. It may take a few days too. It took November (my cat, a good three days to get use to the house 4 years ago) Also It depends on the house, but the cat might not want to be disturbed in this period, so he/she might run away when approached for a cuddle session. Don’t be offended! It takes everyone a little time to warm up to a new home!

I found talking to the cat… yes I talk to my cat, but talking to him, saying hi and his name when I saw him, made him feel more comfortable. I would see him out of the corner of my eye, turn and look at him and say hello, and ask what he was up to. If he responded he would look and meow, and some times he just ignored me. But by the end of the three days, November became so comfortable in the house, he now will meet and greet anyone who comes to the house, he is not afraid of noises or people moving around.

I’m sure everyone up top is excited to see him and meet him. I hope he does well and I can’t wait to meet him in the spring when I hike up there. Maybe even a winter trip (it’s in the plans at the moment!)
    Today is the Tomorrow you dreamed about Yesterday!
    Nothing is impossible, its just a matter of how difficult!

Thanks

Also a good idea to isolate the kitty in one room for a day or two.

Good luck to the new kitty and good look to the observers. Hope to see some paw prints when I'm there in June

Thanks

Now I heard something years ago that to get a cat adjusted to its new surroundings you put some butter on it's paws, because it will lick it off, and get saliva on it, then as it walks around it's saliva goes on stuff and it will smell it's own scent and feel comfortable.

I don't know if that's true, but it sounds plausible (now I sound like Mythbusters)

And we know Marty will be smelling "property of Nin" on everything in the observatory

K

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy
    Now I heard something years ago that to get a cat adjusted to its new surroundings you put some butter on it's paws, because it will lick it off, and get saliva on it, then as it walks around it's saliva goes on stuff and it will smell it's own scent and feel comfortable.

I don't know if that's true, but it sounds plausible (now I sound like Mythbusters)

And we know Marty will be smelling "property of Nin" on everything in the observatory

K

now if i see this on the mythbusters i will believe it now if the volunteer cleaned the place up then no smell
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for