Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anyone ever seen any moose while hiking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    On that hike the others with us kept on saying, "he is on the edge again!" It was a 6.5 mile hike over 3 peaks - lots of fun.

but, we need to get back on topic here. I did not see any moose on that hike in NC.
    No kidding, I would never have guessed.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

On my first NH 4K-footer hike, Mt Waumbek, Tim spotted one through the trees and pointed her out to me. The pictures don't do her justice.

And yes, my first NH 4K-footer *was* Waumbek, and still I went back for more.

Valerie

Thanks

A few years ago... um 4 years ago, My friend and I took a long (4 day) weekend camp trip that involved hiking, mountain biking and when we got home that moday a night dive in champlain. On one of your after dinner Bike cool downs we where riding a old logging road (we where camped out by loon) and we where riding fast down hill and My friend who was in the lead turned around and asked if I could smell any thing bad, and when I yelled back yes, we came around the courner to see a huge cow moose. by the time we stopped we where 5 feet from here, she goofly ran off as we sat stunned.
    it could have been alot worse, she could have turned and charged us and we would have been in trouble. but it was a sight to see! she was a very large moose, older. It still sticks in my mind really well, and seeing her run off was just amazing!

I also see one going to and from work once a month or so around ryegate vermont, he chills by the river and eats in the flood felds
    Today is the Tomorrow you dreamed about Yesterday!
    Nothing is impossible, its just a matter of how difficult!

Thanks

I've seen one exactly once while hiking. On the way down from Unknown Pond doing the Cabot/Bulge/Horn loop clockwise from the hatchery. Lots of hobble bush in that area, and a few different moose yards. What I don't get is where he went. I saw him cross the trail 40 yards away but yet I couldn't find or hear him when I walked down that way, camera in hand.

Forestgnome has seen and photographed more moose than all the rest of us combined.

I've seen a few while XC at WV along Livermore Road mainly, and there are tracks galore in that neighborhood.

Tim

Thanks

I've saw one about 100' in front of me while hiking the Ammo trail back from the summit of Washington.

Thanks

You all are talking like ForestGnome is a human out taking pictures of moose. Sorry to clue you in, but he is a moose out taking pictures of humans. He just publishes the pictures of his moose friends for us to see. There is no way a human could get that close so often and take such great pictures. He is a moose.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Well Brad, you aren't alone in your theory anyway. Humans have claimed to have met him... Someone posted a picture of him taking a picture ... over on VFTT. He didn't have antlers, but then again it was winter.

Tim