Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most inspiring picture

Thanks

Default Most inspiring picture

Let's see you're best picture you have ever taken from the white mountains. I'll have mine up when I get a new battery from the one that froze after the last hike lol. If you can't pick one....post a few

Mine have to be from my last hike. The fact that we started hiking before sunrise made for some awsome morning shots as sunrise was occoring on capps ridge. The weather also was a big factor to the beauty. The snowstorm the night before left a fresh blanket of snow about an inch on the ground with rime ice all over the presidentials, which was reflecting in the morning light. The atmosphere was unstable so it would be clear one min. and then fogged in the next which meant cool sunrays coming through the clouds and clouds pushing over the mountains. There were also pleanty of lennys.

I can't wait to post the pics.

Thanks

can someone move this to the photos category? I clicked the wrong forum.

Thanks

okay, here are some of them...

frozen moss

the remaining morning fog pushing over the southern presidentials

The castles

Sun shining through a lenny with Mt Washington to the right

Iced landscape

rime ice

this was already fallen off I did not remove it

looking down the great gulf

Thanks

What mountain is that with the trail cutting across its slopes?

Thanks

that's edmands path on Eisenhower

Thanks

Andrew,

Great pictures - thanks. My winter hiking consists of going back into Tuckerman's Ravine on well packed snow covered trails. Good hiking boots work just fine. As you went through the different stages of your hike what did you wear for shoes - boots - crampons?

I look at the rocks on the ridge and see snow covered but exposed rocks. Do crampons help there? Or what ?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

I think your last shot takes it for inspiration, or inspiring shots...but great shots all around!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Andrew,

Great pictures - thanks. My winter hiking consists of going back into Tuckerman's Ravine on well packed snow covered trails. Good hiking boots work just fine. As you went through the different stages of your hike what did you wear for shoes - boots - crampons?

I look at the rocks on the ridge and see snow covered but exposed rocks. Do crampons help there? Or what ?
    I used steel toe with extra socks due to steel( I always accidently kick the rocks and it hurts with my other shoes haha) Those little "crampons" that look like springs that u attach on the bottom of your shoes would have helped on the capps ridge because there were some spots with VERY little handholds and there was ice where you had to put your feet...which made for some tough spots. Everywhere else on the hike was not iced though, just some light snow and rime. No need for the real crampons though, the rocks were still showing and it would have destroyed the spikes.

Thanks

Thank you for the pics

Thanks

Most inspiring...that's hard to pick. I've been blessed with so many inspiring moments in the White Mountains.

Enjoying northern lights over the Sandwich Range and Chocorua Lake was special.

http://www.mountwashington.org/photo...04/11/1314.jpg