Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo project

Thanks

Default Photo project

I'm working on a new photo series (just coming up with ideas right now) and want to focus on Mt Washington and the surrounding valleys. I don't have a theme yet, so I was open for suggestions. It will be a mixture of panoramics and quicktime vr (and possibly some regular photos). I'm not sure if I want Mt Washington in EVERY shot, or just relating the theme of Mt Washington (could be about people who work in and around the mountain such as the cog, auto road and obs. staff, or about things (trains, snowcats, snow coaches, hiking, etc).

Like I said I'm just coming up with ideas, and thought I'd bounce around ideas and see if anyone had some suggestions.

Kirk

Thanks

Hmmm, how about going up in the snowcat - wandering around the summit - checking around under the beds and all over the place - from Marty's perspective?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

I'm not sure if I want Mt Washington in EVERY shot
    How about Views from Mt Washington ...

Thanks

Default waterbodies...

I like going to find places that you can see the mountain from...

Long hikes are tough for a photo project, but I would find it neat to see Mount Washington looming over a bunch of different bodies of water. Winne, Conway Lake, Sebago, Lost Pond, Reflection Pond...there must be dozens of views that could be up your alley...
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

The Ammonoosuc, Saco, Cherry pond, Starr Lake, Lakes of the Clouds, and the Atlantic ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by JimS
    I like going to find places that you can see the mountain from...

Long hikes are tough for a photo project, but I would find it neat to see Mount Washington looming over a bunch of different bodies of water. Winne, Conway Lake, Sebago, Lost Pond, Reflection Pond...there must be dozens of views that could be up your alley...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D
    The Ammonoosuc, Saco, Cherry pond, Starr Lake, Lakes of the Clouds, and the Atlantic ocean.
    Mount Washington from the ocean would be cool. That would involve more boating than hiking though. How about Mount Washington from an island in the Atlantic near Portland?

When I worked on Mount Washington people told me you could see the ocean from the top. It thought that was pretty cool because I've never seen the Pacific.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Ocean

I think that curvature of the earth thing we talked about at length in another thread might prevent you from seeing the Pacific, Bill.

I agree, though. I would like to see what MW would look like from out at sea. From what I have read, seeing it from ships near Portland is what brought Darby Field there to begin with, to see if it was really covered in jewels.

KDT

Thanks

Yeah when I read that about the Pacific, he was:

1) typing faster than his brain and meant Atlantic. - I do this all the thyme
    2) was being sarcastic
    3) talking about Mt Washington in Vancouver

I think it's #3

Kirk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    I think that curvature of the earth thing we talked about at length in another thread might prevent you from seeing the Pacific, Bill.
    Maybe you're just not looking in the right direction.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Right Direction

If I look far enough in any direction, I should be able to see it! I hear it's pretty big!

KDT