Thread: The third hike up!

Thanks

Default The third hike up!

Hello all!

My friends and I are planning a trip to NH May 22-26th, and of course hope to hike up good ol' kwmn, weather permitting. This is the earliest time of the year we've attempted this, how is the weather generally? (I know it's near impossible to predict for certain) We went in June o6 and there was still some snow, that was pretty cool.

Thanks

May is, and I'm sure others will attest to this, about as definite a transition month as you will get. It's not as definite as say, July or August.It has always been a good month for hiking at lower altitudes then the summit itself but can still easily be done when one is prepared as can be. Perhaps selecting a route which optimizes your exposure will be best. What route did you travel when you went up in June of 06?
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.

Thanks

We took Boott Spur up (crossing on to Lawn Cut-Off and Davis Path) and Lion Head down. I am sure we will be watching the weather and reasearching the routes up....heh, even if we can't make it up this year, N.Conway is great place to get a good cup of joe

Thanks!