Thread: It has begun

Hybrid View

Thanks

Smile It has begun

They took their first ski run of the season down the auto road (great pictures guys). The ski season has begun. BRING ON THE SNOW!!

Thanks

I could spread some ice cubes across my floor in August and go "skiing" or I could schuss down my carpeted stairway. While their skiing was novel and I applaud their effort, let's be realistic here.

Now, if they get a foot of snow and the wind blows hard the East Fields could be skiable in the coming days. With the forecast of more snow, even in the valleys I think there is a good chance we will see some real skiing very soon.

Thanks

Living room staircase and Mount Washington auto road are quite different wouldn't you say?? Come on 6 inches on the top means that it be almost time to put on the skiis. Excuse me for being excited but I wait all year for that first run and hate when the last run is done. Live to ski and ski to live. Only real place to ski is Tuckermans. Easy with those ice cubes. A drink might be a better place for them : )

Thanks

My standard for claiming you went "skiing" is a continuous 200 foot vertical drop. Which the summit crew may have pieced together today. Using those guidelines there are only 2 months I have not skied in the United States (August and September). On the east coast my skiable season is October to June...remember when Killington used to pump out 50 feet of snow on Superstar?

What really makes me mad is when some goons climb up to Tuckermans in July and claimed they went "skiing" on a chunk of ice the size of a house. Come on, that's just not skiing.

Thanks

Default goons on tuckermans?

Quote Originally Posted by nevis_highwire
    My standard for claiming you went "skiing" is a continuous 200 foot vertical drop. Which the summit crew may have pieced together today. Using those guidelines there are only 2 months I have not skied in the United States (August and September).
    On the east coast my skiable season is October to June...remember when Killington used to pump out 50 feet of snow on Superstar?
    What really makes me mad is when some goons climb up to Tuckermans in July and claimed they went "skiing" on a chunk of ice the size of a house. Come on, that's just not skiing.
    Killington is not real skiing is it?? Mad River and Tuckermans are the only real skiing I know on the east coast. Unless you hike it to ski it are you really skkiing??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex

Killington is not real skiing is it?? Mad River and Tuckermans are the only real skiing I know on the east coast. Unless you hike it to ski it are you really skkiing??
    You're preaching to the choir here. I spent my college years skiing Snowbird, Alta and the Wasatch backcountry.
    Last edited by nevis_highwire; 10-23-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks

I'm kind of pissed that I can't get to Tucks until late april this year. I'm still skiing, though.
    5 Days 2007-2008