Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State Park Reservations

Thanks

Default State Park Reservations

Hi! I just wanted everyone to know that the NH State Park system started accepting reservations for 2008 as of this morning.

I know a lot of folks stayed at Moose Brook last year for Seek the Peak. I made our reservations there this morning.

http://newhampshirestateparks.reserveamerica.com/

or call 1-877-nhparks

Right now, they are only taking reservations for stays of 3 nights or more. If you want to stay just one or two nights, you can't make reservations until May 15th.

Valerie

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up! I got my reservation in for Moose Brook. I'm hoping to take a hike or two before the event, so the three days is good.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

We made reservations at the Ammonoosuc campground for a week. So I am going to be going up or down the Ammonoosuc or the Jewel trails for STP08. Is anybody else staying at this campground or taking these trails? I can't wait till July it is like waiting for Christmas.
    Chris

Thanks

Anyone considering hiking Huntington Ravine trail for STP?
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Talking

Yes, my brother in law and I are planning on doing Huntington Ravine. We'll try for an early start and pray for great weather. I hear that does happen occaisionally. We'll be staying at Dolly Copp along with MeridenFF and his clan. Looks like so far we've got fourteen hikers covering different trails. Training is going well, especially now that St. Patricks' Day has passed!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    I am going to be going up or down the Ammonoosuc or the Jewel trails for STP08.
    Chris, you'll love the Ammo/Jewel loop! It's just gorgeous!

Tim and I are still in negotiations regarding which trail we'll take. He thinks every trip up Mt Wash should be via Lion's Head.

Valerie

Thanks

Val, I was going to take Lion's Head but the campground we got in is about an hour away from there so I figured I would take the Ammo/Jewel loop it is suppose to be 10 mins. from campground.I have been told that I should go up the Jewel and down the Ammo. Because the Ammo is suppose to have some steep parts.But then I have read about people going up the Ammo. and down the Jewel. I have got to pull the map out and take a look. I am sure that know matter which route I take it will be great. I just can't wait to get up there. I just read your trip report from Mount Moosilauke what a great day that must have been. I am going to try to bag that this summer when we camp at the Moose Hillock campground down the road from there.
    Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Great Guinness Ghost
    Yes, my brother in law and I are planning on doing Huntington Ravine. We'll try for an early start and pray for great weather. I hear that does happen occaisionally. We'll be staying at Dolly Copp along with MeridenFF and his clan. Looks like so far we've got fourteen hikers covering different trails. Training is going well, especially now that St. Patricks' Day has passed!

Well there GGG I am glad to hear that you started to train but using ST Patricks Day as an excuse is horrible. Be honest it had nothing to do with it. Maybe all the beer drinking that just happened to take place around this magical time of year had a little something to do with it. Remember to train hard because you'll be carrying the beer to the top and I can't wait for that first sip!
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    Val, I was going to take Lion's Head but the campground we got in is about an hour away from there so I figured I would take the Ammo/Jewel loop it is suppose to be 10 mins. from campground.I have been told that I should go up the Jewel and down the Ammo. Because the Ammo is suppose to have some steep parts.But then I have read about people going up the Ammo. and down the Jewel. I have got to pull the map out and take a look. I am sure that know matter which route I take it will be great. I just can't wait to get up there. I just read your trip report from Mount Moosilauke what a great day that must have been. I am going to try to bag that this summer when we camp at the Moose Hillock campground down the road from there.
    Chris
    The first time I did Mt Wash, it was up the Ammo trail and down Jewell. It was another lovely day, and I really liked doing that loop in that direction. But I'd rather go UP the steep part than down it. You may feel differently.

See my warning about the Trinity Connector!

Valerie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Great Guinness Ghost
    Have you ever tried to tint a Guinness green? It doesn't work out too well.

Anyway, If you don't mind company on the hike I am soloing and want to do Huntington. I also have started training just this week. Can't wait for STP!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???