Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography/ski get together?

Thanks

Default Photography/ski get together?

I plan on heading back to Wildcat in March to shoot some panos of Mt Washington. Instead of me snowboarding by myself and setting up some shots on isolated trails, why don't we have a little "get together" up on Wildcat? There's quite a few regulars in these forums who love photography (and I'm sure ski or snowboard). I wouldn't be doing any crazy boarding since I'd have quite a bit of expensive camera gear in my backpack, but it would be fun just to cruise around and take photos, and have lunch on the deck and finally put some faces to the names on here

We could also do one over at Bretton Woods (much closer for me but Wildcat really puts you up close).

I know it's hard to plan something like a photo session because weather plays a critical role (I usually seem to luck out and get bluebird skies when I shoot panos) but we can set something tentative for now.

Any interest?

Kirk

Thanks

i would love to but i haven't bin on skies in 28yrs and it would be a long drive if the day was not nice
    but thanks any way
    i'm heading to Vermont next weekend to take my daughter to see her boy friend for the weekend and Rosie and i are going to my sisters cabin in the Adirondack Mountains , hope it snows
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Default Photoshoot

I'd be up for it. Would like to learn your technique. Will talk to JimS about joining us. Anyone else?

KDT

Thanks

What works best weekends or weekdays? I'm up for a weekday, less people skiing, and I work from home so I can go ski if I want

K

Thanks

Weekends work best for me. I have the days to get off on a midweek, but as these things are dependant on an impending forecast, It wouldn't work out with the amount of time needed to clear a day off.

Weekend in march...Lets go for it.
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

I just found my original photos from last year, they were taken April 23, 2007.

But hopefully March will be good, plus we can STILL go in April as well

Kirk

Thanks

Default Ski/shoot

I'm open but would lean toward a weekend if that's what Jim wants to do. I would prefer to wait until calendar winter is over to leave the weekends open to hiking, but will accommodate an over ruling. I guess Jim saw this before I got around to PMing. We could actually all ride together if we can work it out. Thanks for the info Kirk, will check it out.

KDT

Thanks

Ok, I think tomorrow (april 18th) is the Wildcat ski/photography day! 70 degrees and blue skies forecasted!

Anyone interested?

Kirk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy
    Ok, I think tomorrow (april 18th) is the Wildcat ski/photography day! 70 degrees and blue skies forecasted!

Anyone interested?

Kirk
    Don't think I can catch a flight on that short of notice.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

As nice as it sounds, I can't take tomorrow on short notice...

Dang...it does sound perfect!
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386