Thread: easier hike

Thanks

Default easier hike

Can someone tell me what other trails you can take up to mount washington that is easier than tuckermans ravine.

Thanks

um Huntington Ravine NO NO just kidding!

you may want to look into the Boot Spur Trail, granted its a little longer than Tuckerman Ravine trail but its definitely not as steep
    "Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks

I assume you are talking about a summer hike?

How about Lions Head or Ammonoosuc Ravine?

To be honest though, what about the Tuckerman Ravine trail do you consider to be "hard"? At this point I'd rather talk you into taking the Tucks trail just for the challenge.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default easier hike

I've always felt the Jewel to Gulfside trail was the easiest ascent - although it's on the cog railway side. I did this with my son when he was 8 or 9. The grade is very gradual.
    Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by climbabout
    I've always felt the Jewel to Gulfside trail was the easiest ascent - although it's on the cog railway side. I did this with my son when he was 8 or 9. The grade is very gradual.
    Tim
    I second that...I actually like the ammy up, gulfside loop down, but the ammy does tend to wind you in some points due to sudden steepth after gem pool.
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386