Thread: Air quality

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Air quality

Just reading an article about a weather lab in Colorado that's picking up mercury in the air from pollution from China.

http://tinyurl.com/34mqxg

I'm curious if that same pollution migrates all the way east to Mount Washington?

I remember years ago while living in Texas, there were some major fires in Central America, and you could see the haze on the horizon.

Kirk

Thanks

I wonder if that accounts for the reports I read about the fish in the Whites being "not edible" due to high levels of mercury. Apparently it's coming from the air and deposited in the streams when it rains/snows.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Or is that our own coal plant pollution blowing east?

Or possibly from Canada (although they always blame us for their pollution/acid rain)

Whatever the case, it does prove that actions taken in one area do affect others, thousands of miles away.

Thanks

Default Studies

There was actually a study recently that said a lot of the pollution we blame on the mid west is actually east coast stuff that is blown back at us every afternoon from the ocean breezes.

There is a reservoir in Haverhill, MA. known as Kenoza Lake. It is a couple of miles east of a trash burning plant. Its fish have the highest mercury levels ever recorded ANYWHERE in the northeast. Coincidence?

Check this thread:

http://www.mountwashington.org/forum...light=Tailpipe

KDT