Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 21st climb

Thanks

Default March 21st climb

I may be coming north and climbing Mount Washington (via Lion Head)with my son on Friday, March 21st. Anyone else planning the same that day?
    Tim

Thanks

Default Mt. Washington March 15th

I am heading out for Mt. washington with a buddy of mine on March 15th, Sat. I, too, will be taking Lion's Head trail.

Thanks

Smile march 21st hike up Boott Spur

We're planning a trip up Mt Washington via the Boott Spur trail on Friday March 21st (there will be 4 of us). Depending on the weather, we may hike a day early or a day later. Maybe we will see you and your son on the mountain? Have a great hike!

By the way, I am a new member to the forum. I finally signed up...I have been a constant visitor (lurker) and really appreciate all the information posted by members here. So, I figured I should finally sign up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    We're planning a trip up Mt Washington via the Boott Spur trail on Friday March 21st (there will be 4 of us). Depending on the weather, we may hike a day early or a day later. Maybe we will see you and your son on the mountain? Have a great hike!

By the way, I am a new member to the forum. I finally signed up...I have been a constant visitor (lurker) and really appreciate all the information posted by members here. So, I figured I should finally sign up!
    Kate - welcome to the forum - out in the open!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Default 3/21

Hopefully we'll be getting an early start at Pinkham on fri am.
    Tim

Thanks

Default Mt washington Mar 15

Me and my buddy had a late start but we still summitted and were back at Pinkham Notch well in time. Amazing how much this extra daylight hour can do to your hikes. It was very foggy above treeline, almost a whiteout but the Lions Head had lots of snow, much more than what we had last month. You could'nt see the top untill you actually got there.

Hope you guys have a great hike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lordvoldemort; 03-17-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks

With the impending atom bomb of wind that's going to drop Friday anyone still going up?

We changed our plans to do Flume via the Osseo trail which tends to be more to the leeward side of the mountain. As always summiting is optional with mother nature making the call. We should start from LW around 8:30-9:00am

Thanks

Default March 21st

I'm still heading up this afternoon with my son, with no expectations of getting above treeline. With sustained winds predicted in the triple digits, we may venture up lion head trail a bit and turnaround when we feel uncomfortable. Or we may head up toward tucks - for a look, although visibility will probably be nil. We'll make the call on Friday am. Will post a trip summary when we return.
    Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by climbabout
    I'm still heading up this afternoon with my son, with no expectations of getting above treeline. With sustained winds predicted in the triple digits, we may venture up lion head trail a bit and turnaround when we feel uncomfortable. Or we may head up toward tucks - for a look, although visibility will probably be nil. We'll make the call on Friday am. Will post a trip summary when we return.
    Tim
    Who knows, with winds like that the Pinkham Window could open up with only the summit capped in clouds. You might be able to see into Tucks or off Lion's Head.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Bill

Bill - that's why wer'e still heading up - we'll make the most of it - only taking what the mountain will give us.
    Tim