Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Washington and the S.E. Weather Conference

Thanks

Default Mt. Washington and the S.E. Weather Conference

Mount Washington has some of the most mysterious weather patterns in the world. It has also been called the "tail pipe of the northeast". What do you think about the idea of having someone from the observatory prepare a presentation for the 2007 Blue Hill Observatory Annual Weather Conference? (Southern New England Weather Conference) Scientists come from all over the country to present at the conference. It would be great to hear a lecture on the whys of Mount Washington's weather .

Thanks

I think that is a good idea. I could swear that Mount Washington has sent presenters to that conference in the past. I'm guessing that having somebody from MWO every year might be a little overkill.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Weather Conf.

I've been going to the Weather Conference (missed last year) for the past 4 years and don't recall anything about Mt. Washington. I agree, it would be too much for anyone from the observatory to attend each year, but attending one year would be great for all us weather enthusiasts. Mt. Washington's weather patterns have fascinated me for years. I'm sure others would really enjoy hearing more about them too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie01
    I've been going to the Weather Conference (missed last year) for the past 4 years and don't recall anything about Mt. Washington. I agree, it would be too much for anyone from the observatory to attend each year, but attending one year would be great for all us weather enthusiasts. Mt. Washington's weather patterns have fascinated me for years. I'm sure others would really enjoy hearing more about them too.
    Can you guys give me more information on this weather conference, I know I missed it this year. I am an avid weather nut and we didnt have anything like this in Maryland. Or are there any type of weather group discussions, etc type of weather things?
    thanks so much
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Default To AlpineHikerFan71

The Weather Conference was awesome! The discussions were interesting and educational. I liked that they were at a level that weather enthusiasts and professionals can both enjoy and learn from. The powerpoints from the conference should be posted on the website at www.sneweatherconf.org ...check them out. The conference was held in Brookline, MA this year. The website has all the information.
    Nice to "meet" another weather enthusiast (geek ).

Thanks

The Weather Conference was awesome! The discussions were interesting and educational. I liked that they were at a level that weather enthusiasts and professionals can both enjoy and learn from. The powerpoints from the conference should be posted on the website at www.sneweatherconf.org ...check them out. The conference was held in Brookline, MA this year. The website has all the information.
    Some very interesting PowerPoint presentations!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Debbie,
    Thanks for the link. some awesome PP presentations. Next year I will have to go for sure no matter what. I really like the winter/snow/blizzard presentations. They were good.
    Thanks again and yes I am definelty a weather GEEK!!! LOVE MY SNOWSTORMS
    thats why I am dissapointed this weeks weather with our warm up here. Last year they had over a foot of snow on turkey day, this year sun and 50 degrees. Why couldnt the coastal storm be a snow instead of rain this weekend here
    Oh well soon eneough I hope.
    thanks again
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Default Weather Conference

Hey Dave (aka AlpineHikerFan) and Brad,

Glad you liked the ppts. It was a really fun conference. We are big time weather GEEKS ! We are supposed to get a fairly substantial rain storm tomorrow...wish it were snow! At least it finally is getting cold and starting to feel like a New England winter. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debbie

Thanks

I know the staff is at the NE Snow Conference put on by Lyndon nearly annually, but I'm not sure of the status of this one within the organization. That being said, I'm sure that the decision makers in the organization have seen this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    I think that is a good idea. I could swear that Mount Washington has sent presenters to that conference in the past. I'm guessing that having somebody from MWO every year might be a little overkill.
    I'm not crazy. Bryan Yeaton presented in 2005: SNE Weather Conference
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight