Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Webcam Drive...

Thanks

That makes me wonder. What's the best way for current members to participate?
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    If you increase it to the highest level I am sure we can convince the powers that be . . .
    i say it should
    i did it but there was no memberships drive going on at the time
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    That makes me wonder. What's the best way for current members to participate?
    A thought I had is if a member contributes at least the price of an individual membership ($45) then it would count in the membership drive as a new member.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brad
    If you increase it to the highest level I am sure we can convince the powers that be . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    i say it should
    i did it but there was no memberships drive going on at the time
    Wow, I am impressed. Going to the "President" level is a wonderful move. I managed to get to "6288" this year and would like to think I could go higher in the future.

To me a new member is more valuable to the organization that a one time donation for the same amount. Membership speaks of a longer term commitment and therefore, value to MWO. I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brad

Wow, I am impressed. Going to the "President" level is a wonderful move. I managed to get to "6288" this year and would like to think I could go higher in the future.

To me a new member is more valuable to the organization that a one time donation for the same amount. Membership speaks of a longer term commitment and therefore, value to MWO. I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.
    I see your point, but us crazy webcam addicts will do anything for more webcams.
    Steve

Thanks

I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.
    Increasing your level of membership would be a huge gain for MWO. At the individual level quite a bit of your dues go into mailing and publication costs.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Increasing your level of membership would be a huge gain for MWO. At the individual level quite a bit of your dues go into mailing and publication costs.
    For individual members, we estimate that it costs the Observatory $16 each year. That factors in producing and mailing Windswept, the cost of the rest of the benefits, the cost of membership renewal mailings, etc. Bill's correct-- as you climb up the membership ladder, the net impact to the Observatory is bigger and bigger.

Bill also asked how you can help if you're already a member. The easiest way is to talk it up with your friends and coworkers and email them through the "Email a Friend" link on the new cam pages.

Actually, that's not the easiest way... We budgeted for $12,500 in income from this membership drive. The absolute easiest way is if someone wrote a check for that amount-- we'd launch the cams tomorrow! (...or as soon as they were installed!)

Kidding aside, bringing more people into the organization and converting more of the 30,000+ people that visit the website each day into supporters is vital to our long term success. Did you know that if only 10% of our web visitors became members, we would nearly double our membership? We would then be able to do so much more each year, such as overhauling our summit museum, replacing vehicles, improving the exterior of our Weather Discovery Center and taking our website to the next level.

We really appreciate all the amazing support we get from all of you in the forums, especially those of you who choose to generously support the Obs. I look forward to STP, where I can say "thanks" to many of you in person.

All the best,

Scot Henley
    Executive Director

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fifteendays
    Actually, that's not the easiest way... We budgeted for $12,500 in income from this membership drive. The absolute easiest way is if someone wrote a check for that amount-- we'd launch the cams tomorrow! (...or as soon as they were installed!)
    Linda - where is that checkbook? Darn, must have misplaced it - again.

Actually, MWO is an easy organization to support. There is a lot of work you do that is visible to us as members. The web cameras are just one and we love them all. Scot, could you imagine having to live in Florida and not having a close up view of MW available all the time? Wow, that would be tough. Membership brings us closer as can be seen with the zoomed in images of the ravines and peaks we all as members get to see.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Linda - where is that checkbook? Darn, must have misplaced it - again.

Actually, MWO is an easy organization to support. There is a lot of work you do that is visible to us as members. The web cameras are just one and we love them all. Scot, could you imagine having to live in Florida and not having a close up view of MW available all the time? Wow, that would be tough. Membership brings us closer as can be seen with the zoomed in images of the ravines and peaks we all as members get to see.
    Preach it, brother!
    Steve

Thanks

Well, I did it. I just went up to Summit Club level and it didn't hurt one bit. It was so easy anyone can do it.
    Steve