Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race to the Top

Thanks

Default Race to the Top

As many of you might have been reading Great Guinness Ghost and I currently have a little side bet to see who can collect the most amount of money. The one that wins will be rewarded by the loser carrying a beer to the top for a celebatory toast. Just curious if any one else has anything fun bets going on. This event is great already but friendly competition only makes it more fun. And when you get to the top look for us we will be the only two totally out of breath and but enjoying a nice stout!
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

Default 6288 Stout

This is cool! Hey, nothing against Guinness, I love Guinness. It is the Stout that all other stouts wish they were, but have you tried this?

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/thebrews.htm

Scroll down to 6288 Stout. They served it last year at STP and the proceeds went to the Obs. If I see you at STP I'll buy you both one!

KDT

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    This is cool! Hey, nothing against Guinness, I love Guinness. It is the Stout that all other stouts wish they were, but have you tried this?

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/thebrews.htm

Scroll down to 6288 Stout. They served it last year at STP and the proceeds went to the Obs. If I see you at STP I'll buy you both one!

KDT
    You're absolutely right! 6288 stout is a fine substitute. I had a couple, three, four last year. Every donation helps right?
    ( In fact, I think I'll have MeridenFF bring one of each for me. I don't know where he gets this notion that I'll be out of breath?) Anyhow, thanks for your generous offer. I'm not only looking forward to the hike, but meeting other people we've talked to.

Thanks

6288 Stout. I do recall tasting one or two of them at the after party and boy were they tasty. I can't wait to see what there is to taste this year.

GGG.. As for you being out of breath, carrying the extra few beers for us to enjoy will certainly make any one out of breath, not to mention the mountain you are carrying them up! Did you forget that part?

Can't wait to meet everyone at the top. If we can only get STP to set up a cooler of the stouts at the top.
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeridenFF

Can't wait to meet everyone at the top. If we can only get STP to set up a cooler of the stouts at the top.

I applaud both of your efforts in rasing extra money for the obs, and in great spirit and spirits.
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

I figure Steve will have a special message board treat table set up for us.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MeridenFF
    6288 Stout. I do recall tasting one or two of them at the after party and boy were they tasty. I can't wait to see what there is to taste this year.

GGG.. As for you being out of breath, carrying the extra few beers for us to enjoy will certainly make any one out of breath, not to mention the mountain you are carrying them up! Did you forget that part?

MOUNTAIN!!! I thought I was walking from Dolly Copp to the Auto road. There's always a catch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Great Guinness Ghost
    MOUNTAIN!!! I thought I was walking from Dolly Copp to the Auto road. There's always a catch.
    You must CLIMB before you can enjoy a cold one!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    You must CLIMB before you can enjoy a cold one!

Okay, Okay. However, a van ride down is fair game right? after all I'll have a designated driver!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Great Guinness Ghost
    Okay, Okay. However, a van ride down is fair game right? after all I'll have a designated driver!
    If I could ride the Cog down last year you can take the Van.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???