Thread: Winter is coming at the end of this week

Thanks

Default Winter is coming at the end of this week

Finally winter will be arriving and soon the rockpile will have the chance to change colors to all white snow. Looks like by Friday or Saturday the cold air will be pouring in and temps should be in the single digits for highs and below zero for the lows. Just hope that while this cold air is here, we get a classic Nor'easter like in Dec. 1995. that would be the only holiday gift I would want

So beware if anyone is going hiking this weekend, dont be fooled by the current weather we have been having, it is going to be a total opposite of this warm balmy weather.
    Be prepared
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineHikerFan71
    So beware if anyone is going hiking this weekend, dont be fooled by the current weather we have been having, it is going to be a total opposite of this warm balmy weather.
    Be prepared
    I agree, I wouldn't want to be caught up high during the frontal passage tomorrow.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

can't come soon enough, as far as I'm concernded. I hate warm winters. Last year was almost enough to make me move up north or out west. West like Fairbanks
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    can't come soon enough, as far as I'm concernded. I hate warm winters. Last year was almost enough to make me move up north or out west. West like Fairbanks
    David,
    I am so with you on that. I couldve had warm winters and stayed in Md. I was hoping for a cold winter now that I am in northern new england. Looks like it after tonite, things will changed.
    And for more good news, looks like the coastal storm is going to affect from Philadlephia up along the I 95 corridor into Nj, NY, CT , Ma and NH and Maine with some light to moderate amounts of snow as it looks right now. some of the models, saying Boston could get dumped on, meaning anywhere from 2-4 or 6-12 inches of snow. We have to wait and follow over the weekend
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Wonderful and I'm in the works of getting a new plow truck, since my old one died a few days ago. I'm not shoveling the mile long driveway, that's for sure.
    It's Smarter to be Lucky, then it's Lucky to be Smart

Are you a Minion?

Thanks

Does anybody know the last time New England didn't have a ski season?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no real arctic air in the forecast for at least the next two weeks. And who knows what is going to happen after that.
    Bill
    EasternLight

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Does anybody know the last time New England didn't have a ski season?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no real arctic air in the forecast for at least the next two weeks. And who knows what is going to happen after that.
    dont ever say those words again Bill,
    There may be no real arctic air, but at least it will stay cold enough to make snow. Thats one of the perks of moving here, so I can ski. Please dont say no ski season in new england, again
    thanks

Make something happen Bill, change the jet stream will ya?
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Well, I was looking at some of the Mount Mansfield snow data all the way back to the 50's. I couldn't find any real disaster seasons. There were some very low snow years, but they always got something.
    Bill
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Well, I was looking at some of the Mount Mansfield snow data all the way back to the 50's. I couldn't find any real disaster seasons. There were some very low snow years, but they always got something.
    Hey Bill,
    I know, it just cringes me to hear word like that, but in a sense it is real as of today. this has been very bleak so far. and like you said there is no real cold air in the next 15 days, if anything, looks like a small warm up to the mid 40's here by the 12-15th of Dec. Not encouraging thats for sure
    Dave Johnson