Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mac Users here?

Thanks

Version 1.1

Did a couple tiny updates.

> STP logo on front panel will now launch browser and go to STP homepage
    > Changed the MWO logo to a smaller version on the back panel and it link to the MWO home page
    > Changed the credit text on the back

Download: StP08.zip

I'd like to figure out how to have a text field where you could enter your hiker name on the back, then when you click on the logo on the front, it goes to your sponsorship page.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog
    Version 1.1

Did a couple tiny updates.

> STP logo on front panel will now launch browser and go to STP homepage
    > Changed the MWO logo to a smaller version on the back panel and it link to the MWO home page
    > Changed the credit text on the back

Download: StP08.zip

I'd like to figure out how to have a text field where you could enter your hiker name on the back, then when you click on the logo on the front, it goes to your sponsorship page.

BlueDog--

I just emailed you several versions of the STP logo... hopefully they will help. What you've already done is very, very cool.

As a non-Mac user, I hope someone out there can put together a Yahoo widget like that! If so, we'll give you much credit and offer it through the STP site (with your OK, of course!). Same goes for the Mac version, if you're open to it.

My disclaimer is that I'm saying all this without checking with our esteemed IT staff... who may come back to me and say "We can't do that! Are you crazy?"

Scot
    MWO Staff

Thanks

I'll see if Matt wants to write one (or copy the Mac one )

btw Here's the Vista gadget for the webcams..

http://www.devclarity.com/blog/post/...ar-Gadget.aspx

It caches the MWO cams every 15 minutes to his server, so users running the app are hitting Matt's server, not MWO (for bandwidth savings)

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Windows Vista has a sidebar feature someone could create this for. But, doing a Yahoo Widget would run on any Windows version.

Spyboy? Any chance you could create this? It would be a great way for you to learn about widgets! Your move is done and you have nothing to do. :-)

Thanks

Go Matt - Go!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Go Matt - Go!
    This is gonna be fun!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Yahoo! Widget

I cheated a bit and created a STP skin for one of the existing Yahoo! widgets. Here's the result:

You can download the base widget here: http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/atomic-timer

When the widget is installed you then load this theme file (from the widget configuration menu): http://mtruman42.googlepages.com/SeekThePeak.zip

Resize the widget to suit your preferences via the "Timer Size" option in the Widget Preferences page. Lots of other stuff that can be tweaked in this widget as well. Enjoy!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Version 1.3 now available!

I can't seem to stop fiddling around with this, but here's the latest version. As always, comments, suggestions, etc are more than welcome.

What's New
    > Much cleaner version of the StP logo on the front panel (many thanks Scot!)
    > Design 'enhanced' with the hiking boot prints in the background
    > Had to add a little logo for the company I work for (keeps the big boss happy)

Here's the really cool one...

>Flip to the back panel and enter your profile name as it is on the StP site in the field provided. When you flip back to the front panel, clicking on the StP logo will now take you straight to your page. This variable should stay until you enter a new name.

Screen shots:

Download Widget
    Last edited by BlueDog; 05-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fifteendays
    BlueDog--

I just emailed you several versions of the STP logo... hopefully they will help. What you've already done is very, very cool.

As a non-Mac user, I hope someone out there can put together a Yahoo widget like that! If so, we'll give you much credit and offer it through the STP site (with your OK, of course!). Same goes for the Mac version, if you're open to it.

My disclaimer is that I'm saying all this without checking with our esteemed IT staff... who may come back to me and say "We can't do that! Are you crazy?"

Scot
    MWO Staff
    Many thanks again Scot! If you [MWO] want to use this gadget to promote on the site, please do! Feel free to use it in any way you think is best.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11

Thanks

Version 1.5

Quick update. Added an icon that will appear in the Dashboard dock and the Widget Manager panel. I've also changed the widget name from "StP08" to "Seek the Peak" so you may have to delete previous versions as I think it will think they are two different ones now.

Download link is now in my sig below.
    Last edited by BlueDog; 05-16-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog
    Version 1.3 now available!

I can't seem to stop fiddling around with this, but here's the latest version. As always, comments, suggestions, etc are more than welcome.

What's New
    > Much cleaner version of the StP logo on the front panel (many thanks Scot!)
    > Design 'enhanced' with the hiking boot prints in the background
    > Had to add a little logo for the company I work for (keeps the big boss happy)

Here's the really cool one...

>Flip to the back panel and enter your profile name as it is on the StP site in the field provided. When you flip back to the front panel, clicking on the StP logo will now take you straight to your page. This variable should stay until you enter a new name.

Screen shots:

Download Widget
    Very nice Erich. I particularly like the bootprints in the background. You've obviously spent a lot more time on this than I did on the quick and dirty Yahoo! version...
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page