Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Any Mac Users here?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lovettsville, VA
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 112 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtruman
    Very nice Erich. I particularly like the bootprints in the background. You've obviously spent a lot more time on this than I did on the quick and dirty Yahoo! version...
    Thanks! Sometimes when I get a new app to play with I get a little hyperfocused seeing what I can do with it.

    I grabbed a PNG file of the default image if you want to try to use it for the yahoo widget. If you want the pieces and parts for it, let me know.

    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 243 Times in 126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog
    Thanks! Sometimes when I get a new app to play with I get a little hyperfocused seeing what I can do with it.

    I grabbed a PNG file of the default image if you want to try to use it for the yahoo widget. If you want the pieces and parts for it, let me know.
    Sure - send the the pieces that you've got and I'll fool around with a better version for the Yahoo! widget. My email is in my profile.

    I know what you mean about getting hyperfocused working on a new app - I'm the same way myself...
    Mark

    Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir


    Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 243 Times in 126 Posts

    Default Updated Yahoo! Widget

    I created a version of the Yahoo! widget with the STP theme already loaded so that you don't need the extra step.

    Download: http://mtruman42.googlepages.com/SeekThePeakWidget.zip

    I'll upload new alternate themes if I get any better new images.
    Mark

    Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir


    Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtruman
    I created a version of the Yahoo! widget with the STP theme already loaded so that you don't need the extra step.

    Download: http://mtruman42.googlepages.com/SeekThePeakWidget.zip

    I'll upload new alternate themes if I get any better new images.
    Is this widget for Vista users only or can xp users run it?
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 243 Times in 126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    Is this widget for Vista users only or can xp users run it?
    Yahoo! Widgets works with Windows XP and Vista as well as Mac. You can download the current version of the widgets environment here: http://widgets.yahoo.com/download/
    Mark

    Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir


    Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Widgets should run fine on Vista or XP. However, this one gave me an invalid theme file error when I brought it up.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Widgets should run fine on Vista or XP. However, this one gave me an invalid theme file error when I brought it up.
    I'm having the same issue. It looks like just an ordinary atomic clock. It's missing it's STP clothes.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 243 Times in 126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Widgets should run fine on Vista or XP. However, this one gave me an invalid theme file error when I brought it up.
    Sorry guys - the Yahoo widget engine does some weird stuff when you are modifying and retesting a widget on a single PC. There are remnants of the last configuration that stay around and this was causing it to work on my PC when I retested it but to fail on a new install (which I discovered myself this morning when I installed it on a second PC). I'm pretty sure that the version that is there now works. Same download location: http://mtruman42.googlepages.com/SeekThePeakWidget.zip

    The name of the widget in the zip file is now STP.widget instead of "Seek The Peak.widget" which was necessary to (hopefully) avoid the repeat error for anyone who had tried to install the original bad version. Let me know if there are still issues.
    Mark

    Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir


    Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtruman
    Sorry guys - the Yahoo widget engine does some weird stuff when you are modifying and retesting a widget on a single PC. There are remnants of the last configuration that stay around and this was causing it to work on my PC when I retested it but to fail on a new install (which I discovered myself this morning when I installed it on a second PC). I'm pretty sure that the version that is there now works. Same download location: http://mtruman42.googlepages.com/SeekThePeakWidget.zip

    The name of the widget in the zip file is now STP.widget instead of "Seek The Peak.widget" which was necessary to (hopefully) avoid the repeat error for anyone who had tried to install the original bad version. Let me know if there are still issues.
    Still doesn't work for me. It looks the same as the previous one.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 243 Times in 126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    Still doesn't work for me. It looks the same as the previous one.
    Very frustrating! I've removed the bad version and won't put another one up until I'm sure it works. Thought this was going to be much easier than it has turned out to be.
    Looks like actually doing STP itself may be the easier task
    Mark

    Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir


    Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •