Thread: Welch-Dickey loop 6-7

Thanks

Default Welch-Dickey loop 6-7

Well I finally made it up there to do my very first hike ever (only took 42 years). I arrived at the parking lot @ 7:10 and I was the only one there. It was a little hazy and the trail was in great shape.

I made it to the first granite over look @ 8:15 and took a break. It was still a little hazy but I still had a nice view.

I continued to summit Welch and had to take a break after the first granite climb it was slippery when wet. I met a really nice couple there and it was there 2nd hike there. Forgot to get thier names.
    I continued on to summit Welch and then procedded to Dickey.
    and seen this beautiful flower which I think is a Ladies Sliper???

After I arrived at the summit of Dickey I was a little pooped and very hot. I had to take another 20 min. break and have something to eat. The view was great even thou a bit hazy.

Of course I pick one of the hottest days to go. But it was well worth it. I am now hooked. Descending was pretty easy with no problems except a few flies.

I arrived back at the parking lot at 12:20 and I can say I am hooked and I can't wait to get back up there. I have to admit I woke up some muscle in my legs that were asleep for a long time but definetly worth it. I do now know that I need to start running again before I do the STP 08. I hope this trail report was ok for this is my first and definetly not last.
    "HAPPY HIKING"
    Chris

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. Simple report with lots of photos, just what I like to see.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight