Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trails for STP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot View Post

#2 I'd like to do Huntington but Jude's not interested and I won't take Emma again, too tough on her. If some were interested in this I would consider it.

If weather permits, maybe I'll see you up there. Gonna be tough though, been to busy to do much hiking. I wish they had a Huntington Ravine ale for the walk up

Thanks

If I weren't hiking for STP on the Wed. before I would love to do Huntington with you guys. I don't think I will try it alone though. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you will have a blast.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    What trail is everybody planning on taking for the STP 08?
    I am planning to ascend Ammo. and descend Jewell.
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    This will be my first attempt to climb Washington (I'm a bit worried).
    My goal - a safe round trip.
    pssst . . . I'm the grey-haired older woman with the cheery "good mornin'" for all.
    See you on the trails.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    well i wanted to take the auto road but it will be tucks to lion head with Brad and any others that wish to join up slower hikers
    I like reading about us slower hikers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by storygirll View Post
    I like reading about us slower hikers!
    We could ask for a special prize for the oldest hiker. After more than a week of doing things with 2 grandsons, waterskiing every morning, and doing a hike back into Tuckermans Ravine I feel a lot older!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    We could ask for a special prize for the oldest hiker. After more than a week of doing things with 2 grandsons, waterskiing every morning, and doing a hike back into Tuckermans Ravine I feel a lot older!
    I agree!
    Let's get right on that.

>^..^<

Thanks

I'll be with my 13yr old son(hoping to keep pace with him) we were talking about boot spur up,havent decided about what to take down yet,time will tell

Thanks

anyone know the best way to get to jewel trail head from moose brook campground... mapquest is no help..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtm1208 View Post
    anyone know the best way to get to jewel trail head from moose brook campground... mapquest is no help..
    Take US 2 North/West to NH 115. Make a left on 115 (look for moose at that corner) and follow that to US 3. Make a left on US 3 and go south for a few miles. At the stop light go left onto US 302. Make a left onto Base Station Road (Cog Rail access road) and follow that to the trail head parking lot. My map program says 33 miles, and its fast driving.

Or you could take Jefferson North Road. Access to that is off US 2 before you get to NH 115. That's only 17 miles. Maybe a better option if you want to cut down on the distance and don't mind a dirt road. I've never driven that road so I'm not sure how fast the road is.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Depending on which family members decide to go for a walk that day, we will either do Lions Head up, Boots Spur down or Ammo up, Jewel trail down.

If I am on my own (and the weather is good) I would like to do something with a bit more mileage, maybe start up Madison, hit Adams, Jefferson, Clay, Washington and finish down Lions Head or Boots Spur. Kind of an abbreviated traverse. If I do that I would be happy to have company, but we would probably start early from the Appalachia parking lot.