Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a quick hello!

Thanks

Default Summer visits

"It will be my first Mt. Washington hike. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have been going to the gym a lot more frequently than normal and have done some hikes here in NJ but I know nothing really compares. Just wondering what kind of gear will everyone be bringing with them??"

Check this section of the website:

http://www.mountwashington.org/about...summer_visits/

In the box on the right of that page there are more links to that should answer all your questions, specifically what gear, if not, ask away right here!

"If you are staying at Moose Brook State Park, many of us will be camping there. Pop in to the Seek the Peak forum to see if there's anything going on. Last year we all gathered around the campfire to share trail stories after the hike."

I stated this before but I will again. We reserved the Shelter which is an open air roof with a large fireplace. It is located above the day use area. I expect everyone to stop by for beer and stories after the turkey dinner!

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...ex=CampingSpot

Mouse over map and Zoom area 2 for location.

KDT

Thanks

I'm from Rutherford, NJ. Where were you from? I would love to move to New Hampshire too but I don't think I could live without my family

Thanks

I know what you mean about the spirit, since our visit to NH last year all I think abouit is returning to hike. The hikes I've been on since don't compare.

Thanks

Born in Englewood, grew up in Hillsborough. Went to Rutgers in Newark. Then escaped to Vermont after graduation. Been bouncing all over VT, NH and ME since then (ok, and a few short stints in TX and FL)

My parents retired to Maine over 10 years ago, and last year finally convinced my brother to move up here from NJ. My whole family is so much more relaxed since they moved up here.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyHiker View Post
    I'm from Rutherford, NJ. Where were you from? I would love to move to New Hampshire too but I don't think I could live without my family

Thanks

Hello. I just came back from the Jersey shore (Avalon). I love your beaches. My Friend Steve Spano owns a Restaurant and catering business in Rutherford. Im not sure of the name, I will drop it into this post when I talk to him. Have fun in NH...
    Think Snow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnellyvj View Post
    Hello. I just came back from the Jersey shore (Avalon). I love your beaches. My Friend Steve Spano owns a Restaurant and catering business in Rutherford. Im not sure of the name, I will drop it into this post when I talk to him. Have fun in NH...
    I've been going to Avalon almost every year since I was born. I love it there. My parents have been going there since there was a 1st Street.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I to have been going every year I have lived on this earth. We stayed on 76th st for 18 years and have been dif spot for the last ten. I worked at the Windrift for a summer. Did you ever race in the slow bike race in Stone Harbor on the 4th of July???
    Think Snow

Thanks

oh yeah. The island starts at 7th or 8th right? They all fell off at some point. do you know when?
    Think Snow

Thanks

I think it was more of an erosion process than "falling off" but you are correct. It was either a close approach by a hurricane or a winter nor'easter in the 70's or very early 80's.

We always went in August and have also stayed all over Avalon on the ocean side.

Scorching sun, no trees, no grass, houses right on top of each other and its still a great place. Must be the beaches.

Edit: I was wrong, it was a 1962 Nor'easter that did most of the damage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon,...easter_of_1962
    Last edited by Bill O; 07-08-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I actually work at Englewood Hospital in the Emergency Room. I would love to move to NH but my mom is planning on retiring in Florida.. So for now I have to settle for my short trips there.
    Is your friend the owner of Steve & Andreas resterant?