Thread: Extreme Instability

Thanks

Default Extreme Instability

Thought I would share with everyone. This site has some great pictures, photographer is a storm chaser in the mid west.

Extreme Instability
    It's Smarter to be Lucky, then it's Lucky to be Smart

Are you a Minion?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tkahike
    Thought I would share with everyone. This site has some great pictures, photographer is a storm chaser in the mid west.

Extreme Instability
    Wow - very cool pictures. Just based on the subject of the post I thought someone was commenting about me. The pictures were a far better topic.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tkahike

Extreme Instability
    WOW TKA,
    Those were some awesome photos. I love the Thunderstorm and lighting storm photos. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

That's Mike Hollingshead's site. He is a great photographer and storm chaser, and a regular contributor over on Stormtrack. If you are interested in storm chasing that is a great place to go.

Mike's photos are so good they are frequently stolen and mis-labeled. If you ever got the email with photos from Katrina coming ashore, chances are you saw Mike's storm chasing photos from the Plains.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    That's Mike Hollingshead's site. He is a great photographer and storm chaser, and a regular contributor over on Stormtrack. If you are interested in storm chasing that is a great place to go.

Mike's photos are so good they are frequently stolen and mis-labeled. If you ever got the email with photos from Katrina coming ashore, chances are you saw Mike's storm chasing photos from the Plains.
    Now thats cool Bill. I have seen some of those photos of Katrina coming ashore and alwaya wondered how they are able to capture something like that, but if this guy is a stormchaser than it explains all. He does some excellent work and thanks for the tidbit.
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineHikerFan71
    Now thats cool Bill. I have seen some of those photos of Katrina coming ashore and alwaya wondered how they are able to capture something like that, but if this guy is a stormchaser than it explains all. He does some excellent work and thanks for the tidbit.
    Oh no. Many of those Katrina photos are not of Katrina at all. They are Mike's photos of supercells in Kansas. That was the point I was trying to make. People steal those photos and claim they are Katrina. The big tip-off should be the vast, flat plains or large cone tornados.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Oh no. Many of those Katrina photos are not of Katrina at all. They are Mike's photos of supercells in Kansas. That was the point I was trying to make. People steal those photos and claim they are Katrina. The big tip-off should be the vast, flat plains or large cone tornados.
    Bill,
    Oh ok, I misunderstood you, sorry. My fault here, read it the wrong way. I see what your saying. I did however see Katrina photos over the gulf of mexcio that were amazing too. but your right, the tip off should be the vast open lands of the plains.
    thanks again.
    Dave Johnson

Thanks

Most people only focus on the upper cell and not the ground when looking at those.

I've emailed back and forth with him a couple of times, mainly commenting on how great his pics are.
    It's Smarter to be Lucky, then it's Lucky to be Smart

Are you a Minion?

Thanks

Looks like I've found a few more screen savers?

Scott (Thanks for the link!) B
    Hunting, hiking, archery, and just being outside.