Thread: ? for Jim S

Thanks

Default ? for Jim S

Jim on the last page of this quarters Windswept there's a picture of a guy next to the Tip Top House you took. The description says to look to his right to see something but the printed image is pretty dark so it's hard to make out what it is they're talking about. What are they referring to?

Thanks
    Bill

Thanks

Excellent Question. The picture printed in B&W has such consistent tones that you can't see the second person at all. From the comments last year in June, here's the online version, where you can see the second person:
    http://www.mountwashington.org/weath...MG_0644esm.jpg

Hope that helps. I think this picture tells a great story for a Mount Washington Summer day!
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

It doesn't look like he is having a lot of fun at the moment. He looks cold!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Thanks Jim! I starred at that pic for 20 min last night and couldn't find the other person! I thought this was some sort of Where's Waldo puzzle. Of course, the caption says "to his right" and now we can see the person is on his left.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

The picture does tell a great story. It goes like this " I didn't dress warm enough..I'll now curl into the fetal position to retain body heat." I think we know how it ends! "I'll either dress warmer or not come here again!"
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.